Been sacked like mark hughes

Not like that, but i was almost sacked at Spurs when new owners came in..

A 3 - 1 home win against Chelski and the winning Premiership title kept me in the job... phheeww ! lol

YEP, I won the PREM with EVERTON in my 1st Season, then despite finishing 2nd the next season the board decided to terminate my contract, THE CHEEK OF IT !!!!!!

mean like claudio ranieri back in the day?

or didnt you support them then? ;)

Ooooooo cheap shot lol. I'm a Chelsea fan and yes I supported them back then :D 1990/91 I started just after Bobby Campbell left and at the start of days of Ian Porterfield as manager. And to answer OP yes Ive been sacked more times than I care to remember haha. I'm basically sh!te at the game lol

Ooooooo cheap shot lol. I'm a Chelsea fan and yes I supported them back then :D 1990/91 I started just after Bobby Campbell left and at the start of days of Ian Porterfield as manager. And to answer OP yes Ive been sacked more times than I care to remember haha. I'm basically sh!te at the game lol

Ooo Porterfield is a leg end (but then again im a mackem)

ive been done like hughes :( new oweners came into Rangers (FM09 game) despite 10 straight SPL titles i got the boot

On one save I got a little bored with my success in the Premier League and took on the Napoli Job in the Serie b. Within two years they where champions and the main striker was world player of the year. 2 months into the following season, we where sitting 3rd. Not good enough apparantely and I was promptly dismissed.

Off Topic

Is there really 48 games in a whole championship season? I'm only 15 games in as Forest 6 points in the lead and i'm not sure if I can last that long..

I think I may hit a chaotic little run and go down to like 10th and get sacked..

46 mate, 49 to win play-offs

Off Topic

Is there really 48 games in a whole championship season? I'm only 15 games in as Forest 6 points in the lead and i'm not sure if I can last that long..

I think I may hit a chaotic little run and go down to like 10th and get sacked..

46 games

24 teams in the CCC, so that's 23 teams other than your own team, and you play each team twice :)

when i first managed valencia i got sacked after 5 games :( then started again doing man utd was 6th place mid season keep getting the board message saying i might be sacked if i dont win next game:confused: somehow i managed to pull it off and came 2nd in the end:o

Not been sacked on FM10 yet, but I have seen a Mark Hughes(ish) done on someone.

I am Crewe manager atm and sitting top of league 1, Portsmouth came and offered me a job, they are sitting nicely in 6th in the premier league and doing well.

Then the owner promptly ups and sells to Linvoy Primus of all people in a supporters trust, first thing he does is sack Kevin Blackwell and offer me the job.

I told him no.

Intresting that no-one in the game has been sacked just like mark hughes has.

I have, i started off as Man City manager and set my expectation as qualifying for continetal cup through league posistion (or watever it's called), i managed to finish 4th, come runner up in the League cup and got to the semi-final of the FA Cup.

2nd my expectation was to challenge for title. I made only the odd addition to the squad with summer signings of Edin Dzeko and Miguel Veloso. I started the season poorly and was around mid table after 15 games, however, i stopped leaking silly goals and started picking up points taking me into 5th place 1 point behind 4th with a game in hand, and only 5 points of top spot with 16 games to go. I was also still in all the cup competitions. However the Arab decided that my time was up and he sacked me after a draw against Wolves.

Funny thing is though Sheff Utd sacked Kevin Blackwell who were 10th in the Championship, i took over getting them into the play-offs and winning them to get promoted to the Premiership, so after the Arab thinking i was not good enough as a manager i was back in the smae league as him with another club hahaha

Yeah i got sacked by bobby charlton at man utd after winning 3-1 vs arsenal.

Had qualified for champions league knockout phase 2nd in the league and boom.

Set my expectations too high at start of season and fell behind in league too quickly.

Too many changes too quickly.

As Spurs, I finished 7th in season 1 then 2nd in season 2, I then realised if I was going to challenge properly I needed big changes to my squad. I made these changes and we struggled at the start of the 3rd season, sitting about mid table, we then lost to Arsenal and I was sacked but reloaded the game because I knew it was unrealistic. I replayed the Arsenal game and won (or drew, can't remember) and went on to finish 3rd in the League and reached the CL final losing to Madrid. The next 2 seasons after this I won the League and again finished runners up in the CL with an FA Cup and League Cup victory in there as well, so technically I was 1 game from being sacked and then went on to become Champions twice on the bounce which just shows the fine lines in football!

Im a little confused. Wasnt Hughues sacked for only winning 2 or his llast 12 games or something like that. Which is understandable, untill you see he only lost 2 in the same time

yes correct sir!

we are not on 'target' what ever that means!

he was sacked before the game so even if we had won 22-0 hughes was a dead man walking!

I would love to see a more volatile set of chairman/s in FM11.

I liked the old chairman personalities etc and their likelihood to knee jerk or not ..

Also I wish we would see some _real_ pressure on the human AND AI managers to get results at big clubs instead of the silly nonsense of unsackable managers we have now. :D

on my save hughes job is as safe as can be! currently in my 5th season and man city finished 5th, 4th, 2nd, 1st and are at the moment 12 games in and are top ( only on goal difference) also won league cup twice and fa cup once but have been useless in europe never making it to a quarter final. when you look at it thought it took him 4 years to win the premiership which obviously isn't good enough for the current owners IRL who want instant success.

Archived