Ebi Smolarek Sucks

I'm going to sell him and try and get this Simeone Jackson guy, see if he lives up to being the clinical finisher I need.

Why not try and get a loan? Like Jay Simpson or Danny Sturridge? Also, Smolarek should wee all over Jackson tbf. Are you sure its not how your playing him?

Jay is at Q.P.R and Danny Sturridge is just a unpassionate footballer.. The guy is selfish and doesn't work hard at all. Plus i've got Yannis Tafer who's better than both of them yet he only has about 2 goals this season aswell..

In that case, it really does look like your tactics or your team talks/motivation.

Sturridge is fine in game.

So it was just your tactics and the way you used him. :rolleyes:

I think this thread encapsulates the cause of most people's problems with FM - they set their expectations too high, they demand instant results and success and they happily blame SI when things don't work instead of tweaking their tactics and experimenting to come up with a solution.

I think this thread encapsulates the cause of most people's problems with FM - they set their expectations too high, they demand instant results and success and they happily blame SI when things don't work instead of tweaking their tactics and experimenting to come up with a solution.

Oh I wasn't blaming SI I was just complaining that he's not living up to the expectations people made him to be.

Well then just but someone else that is what I would do.

Huh?! No really though, what did you mean?!

ArsenalFan7 - playing someone as a deep lying forward will not usually get you many goals with that player. Advanced forward/poacher will do best, although I have had strikers get lots of goals playing as a complete forward/target man aswell.

Glad to see a FM player come on and ask for help - and it WAS his tactics - and actually take the advice he is given on board without slating other forumers/and or SI/FM.

Well done fella :thup: And glad to see your problem is now sorted :)

ArsenalFan7 - playing someone as a deep lying forward will not usually get you many goals with that player. Advanced forward/poacher will do best, although I have had strikers get lots of goals playing as a complete forward/target man aswell.

Glad to see a FM player come on and ask for help - and it WAS his tactics - and actually take the advice he is given on board without slating other forumers/and or SI/FM.

Its even more poignant as it was my advice to set him to poacher :D

Oh I wasn't blaming SI I was just complaining that he's not living up to the expectations people made him to be.

You mean he's not living up to the expectations because a particular manager gave him a role he's not used to? ;) That's what happens to many managers in real life as well, not just you ... some players only work well when they are given a particular role, so whenever you wonder why a particular player doesn't perform well, try giving him a different role or a different position. It certainly doesn't count for Smolarek only ;)

Replace that 'but' with 'buy', then the sentence will make sense ;)

Replace that 'but' with 'buy', then the sentence will make sense ;)

But of course. Stupid me! :o

baker.simon - Indeed, yourself and two or three others always seem to offer sound advice, yet get shot down by some for daring to suggest it could be tactics, and get called fanboys.

Is this a fan of FM I assume? If so, I must be a fanboy. I LOVE FM, always have, and Id hazard as long as the game is made, I always will :)

Also just checked the OP's age and he is only 13. I think there are one or two forumers who could take a lesson from him, such as when asking a question on here, not hurling abuse at someone who is trying to help you.

Spot on there!

Bizarrely I had my best results with a striker playing in the Deep Lying role - in my Sunderland Ryhope CA Save...

Got a young regen on loan from Derby and he netted 29 in 30 (1) in that position, with Clayton Donaldson as poacher getting 21 in 30.

Well i've learnt that by assigning players to certain roles their stats help their performance hugely. This is having effect on others such as Tafer who can now use his pace, acceleration, off the ball and finishing to full effect now. I really appreciate the advice as it is helping hugely. Thanks again all. (Y)

I signed Smolarek for Forest during my first season where he scored a total of 31 goals in 38 league appearances and became the driving force behind our promotion bid (we won the play-offs). He won not only the Championships "Top Goalscorer" award, but also had the highest average rating with 7.37 and the most man of the match awards with 9.

This was using the 10.1 patch, playing him as a trequartista (sp?), albeit tweaked a little and not exactly as the default role.

Archived