The Interface - Better or Worse Than 09?

Guys, I have only just got the game like two days ago and I was wondering what you were thinking over the FM10. Whilst I do not believe it to be bad at all, I feel 09 had a much simpler interface to use compared to this year. What do you think?. To let you know I've been a regular player of FM since '07 and I feel it will take me more time to get used to this year's one compared to previous series.

Thanks.

For me it's overly complicated, everything is bunched together to make the screen "cleaner" and in that regards it works but it leaves me sometimes trying to remember how to get to certain areas of the team. I've gotten used to it now and I can work with it, seeing how I'm playing 08, 09 and 10 I'd have to say that the newer interface is the most "professional" looking (ala the latest Office) and that comes with it's own pros and cons.

Bestie.

Its good in many ways. Not a lot to complain about. But a couple of my gripes are:

I love following the Champions League and International news. It was simple in FM 2007 as scores and news would flash on my screen as the game progressed. This no longer happens. Even with the game flow options and subscriptions, I get very few news updates. I wish this area of the interface would be improved.

I would like to be able to designate player positions so that it would be easier to compare players at a position: for example, if I want to view CM's, I dont want to see MR or ML who are also CM.

I would like to lock page views that I have customized.

It's miles better than 09's, once you've gotten used to it. It's much better organised and has a better flow to it - it progresses logically down the screen as you drill down, rather than jumping all over the place (having to repeatedly jump between the sidebar, the menubar at the top and options in the bottom right corner was a pet peeve of mine in FM09, as was some options being in the bottom left below the sidebar and some in the bottom right, as part of a news item). There's a few minor niggles, but then there were a few minor niggles in 09's too. The extra customisation options are the icing on the cake (though to be fair, there's no reason these couldn't have been added to 09's interface).

Archived