We're (Not) Always Accepting Applications

OK, I never ever ever ever ever post on forums, but this has been irritating me with FM10 so I figured I'd ask...

Why on Earth can I not place an advertisement for a staff position I have no vacancies for? For instance, my board will let me have two scouts. I have two scouts, but their contracts are up in three months. I want to put an advertisement out there to see if I can get better scouts than the ones I have, if none are available at the price I want, then I'll sign my two to contract extensions.

I understand why I can't hire a scout when I have two on staff already, but why on Earth can't I at least test the market?

I understand your problem mate, but there is quite a simple solution. Just go to ANY staff member at a different club and offer him a contract, you will find out if instantly if he is interested in joining you.

That is a long drawn out way though as you may have to approach loads of people, so a simpler way is, if it's a scout you want, check the 'Judging Current Ability' and the 'Judging Potential Ability' attributes of your current scouts, go to 'Staff Search', and put the attributes above those at your club and tick 'Ask Assistant to filter out unrealistic targets'.

This way you will easily and quickly find better staff.

Archived