Youth training with no youth team

I'm playing as Dinamo Brest atm (picked a random club to start with). They don't have a youth team so their youth players are in the reserve squad.

I can go to each players training screen and select a training schedule for them but the lack of a youth team means there is no link to the youth team training. So I can't change the way my coaches are assigned.

Does anyone know of a way around this?

As Dinamo Brest doesn't have a youth team and youngsters have to be 17 years old before getting a full-time pro contract to assign them full-time training schedules, there doesn't seem to be a possible workaround.

They have to be given Youth schedules. While its annoying it isn't a huge problem.

I used to manage UTA in FM09 and had the same issue, the only way I see is to have coaches with a high "Working with youngster", "Motivating", "Discipline", "Determination", and hope they'll help your youngsters develop fast. This with "tutoring" should help a bit.

Cheers. Maybe SI should look at placing a link to coaches for youth training on the reserve team page when there is no youth team.

Try to import the Tug's training (youth) from the first squad screen >> training, organize schedules, import Tug's youth schedule, then go on each of your youngster, click on his "Training tab" and select the Tug's training that matches his position. Of course you won't have the choice to assign a coach to this training schedule but at least you can use a better training than the "General" one. This look frustrating indeed.

Try to import the Tug's training (youth) from the first squad screen >> training, organize schedules, import Tug's youth schedule, then go on each of your youngster, click on his "Training tab" and select the Tug's training that matches his position. Of course you won't have the choice to assign a coach to this training schedule but at least you can use a better training than the "General" one. This look frustrating indeed.

lol. Thats actually what I have done to try and minimise the issue.

Archived