Steam Activation Help Needed ASAP

I installed FM10 and decided that I wanted the 09 skin also so I also installed Steam for the first time. Before I tried Steam I went into FM and surprisingly it didn't ask me to activate it like previous times I have installed it (have formated since). How could this be? Is it because Steam was installed?

Anyway, that is not my issue here. I noticed an option in Steam to activate the game so I did that. Now it is downloading something and I'm concerned that it is the entire game not just the update like I wanted! If is the entire game it would blow my families remaining download qouta out of the water and that would be unfair on them. Why would it be doing this when I have already installed FM from the DVD?

Can anyone share any light on this for me??

I hope this is the best place for this thread. The Technical Issues forum seemed to be dealing with.. well actual technical issues whereas my issue is not a fault per say, I just need someone to tell me what's going on.

I don't think so. From what i remember from my own installation was that Steam downloaded the entire game even though the DVD was in the drive.

The FAQ only mentions downloading through Steam.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=177053

I don't know why but, after I removed what Steam had downloaded and my original installation, and started the setup from the DVD again, this time it present the options of activating with Steam or keeping the DVD in the tray when playing the game. I've never seen this before (including my previous installations of this game).

It has installed into the Steam directory, from the DVD, and is now downloading the patch.

Thanks for the reply, by the way.

Archived