[10.2] - Selling players for huge fees

I know this should be posted in the general 10.2 feedback thread but I didn't want it to get lost.

Since 10.2 was released it has become ridiculously easy to sell marginal players for over-inflated fees. I just offer them to clubs at 2x their value and people swoop them up :(

easysales.png

Surely this must be a bug?

I haven't noticed this, I still only get a few bids most of the time I offer out a player, and it's usually for their asking price, if I ask for a little bit more I usually get one or two 48month bids or none at all. It's much better than it was in 10.1 when you couldn't give players away for free, that's for sure. Maybe it needs a little bit more tweaking but I can't say I've experienced this so far.

Also, all your sales are in dollars. Change them back into £'s and it's hardly shocking. If a human manager wanted to buy any of those players, they'd probably end up paying the same price or maybe a bit more.

It's only like cheating when you use it. I, like many others, won't be taking advantage of the bug to make money, but it allows me to get rid of crud players for free. I do admit it needs to be fixed, and seems unrealistic, but as long as you don't take advantage of it, like bugs in the past, it shouldn't make too much of an impact on your save.

Don't think it's a bug, in all my previous fm plays i'll only sell players for twice that they're valuated and never have problems in selling them.

Even poor players, i'll always sell them for twice their value.

For me stays as always in this patch.

I think this bug is good, I always get charged double maybe even more for the value for some players so by selling them the same way evens it out.

Thats if you're buying key players from other clubs. Selling your reserve team rubbish for fee's approaching 10m is absurd, and totally ruins the game.

Realistically, those prices don't really seem too high to me? I mean, as they're in USD, they work out at about:

Kelly & Duff: £5.1m each

Kamara: £6m

Riise: £6.1m

Ok, Kamara was probably the shocking one there as personally I wouldn't pay even half that for him. If duff was playing well he could fetch about £5m as he's still only 30. So they aren't inflated too much imo, if anything, you probably could've got more for Riise?

Exactly my point, when they are converted to pounds they seem very reasonable. If we were buying them as human managers we may even have to pay more. Also, look how many players he has released on a free, and so evidently couldn't sell them, like Soel Ki-Hyeon, Simon Davies, Erik Nevland, David Stockdale etc, so it clearly evens itself out. Huge improvement over 10.1 I feel.

Realistically, those prices don't really seem too high to me? I mean, as they're in USD, they work out at about:

Ok, Kamara was probably the shocking one there as personally I wouldn't pay even half that for him. If duff was playing well he could fetch about £5m as he's still only 30. So they aren't inflated too much imo, if anything, you probably could've got more for Riise?

They could be in AUD, which would mean;

Kelly & Duff: £2.55m

Kamara: £3m

Riise: £3.05m

Even more reasonable, or under priced ;)

They could be in AUD, which would mean;

Kelly & Duff: £2.55m

Kamara: £3m

Riise: £3.05m

Even more reasonable, or under priced ;)

I just assumed USD considering the location of the OP :)

Imagine if they were HK$ :eek: £650k for Damien Duff!!!

I don't understand how people are selling players for double their value. When I try that I maybe get 1 or 2 48month offers at best (but that's only for GOOD players). These are my ins and outs first season with Hull. There's no unreasonable figures in my sales at all. The most I got for anyone was £3m. I mean, compare that to the sort of prices I was paying out, which is way over double their value in some cases.

My signings are all on 48month deals by the way, that's how I spent so much.

23vgcx0.jpg

I don't understand how people are selling players for double their value. When I try that I maybe get 1 or 2 48month offers at best (but that's only for GOOD players). These are my ins and outs first season with Hull. There's no unreasonable figures in my sales at all. The most I got for anyone was £3m. I mean, compare that to the sort of prices I was paying out, which is way over double their value in some cases.

My signings are all on 48month deals by the way, that's how I spent so much.

23vgcx0.jpg

I'd say it was the fact that you've give Hull such an amount of money that teams know you will pay inflated prices..... I've seen it before with teams edited to increase their finances

I didn't 'give' them so much money, I raised £23M through sales, added that to my original budget, and made all my signings on 48month deals, so only a quarter of all prices come out of your season's budget. So basically you can spend your budget 4 times if you do it on 48 month deals.

How would teams know how much is in my transfer budget anyway? I can't see their budgets so they shouldn't be able to see mine.

I'd say it was the fact that you've give Hull such an amount of money that teams know you will pay inflated prices.....

I didn't 'give' them so much money, I raised £23M through sales, added that to my original budget, and made all my signings on 48month deals, so only a quarter of all prices come out of your season's budget.

How would teams know how much is in my transfer budget anyway?

Sorry, I assumed due to the amount you'd spent you'd edited the clubs finances.

But the AI would have a fair idea of budgets based on you're financial status and the type of Chairman you have.

On another note I'd be worried if I was your chairman though!!! £131m, even over 4 years is nearly £33m per year you will be shelling out on players..... He'll be expecting some return on that!!

I didn't 'give' them so much money, I raised £23M through sales, added that to my original budget, and made all my signings on 48month deals, so only a quarter of all prices come out of your season's budget. So basically you can spend your budget 4 times if you do it on 48 month deals.

How would teams know how much is in my transfer budget anyway? I can't see their budgets so they shouldn't be able to see mine.

I have a feeling you shouldn't have done that, unless you're going to be winning the league.

Nope, I've never used an editor ever on FM, 48month deals is the name of the game. It's a risk, it means you have to succeed every year and basically just go a few years without signing any more players. I always do that in the first year and then use the 1st year as a blending year, and hope once they're settled I don't need any more players.

I only had about £30m or so in my transfer budget though after I'd sold all those players, so that's hardly rich and a reason to bump up prices. The prices I paid are basically just the going rate in FM.

Sorry, I assumed due to the amount you'd spent you'd edited the clubs finances.

But the AI would have a fair idea of budgets based on you're financial status and the type of Chairman you have.

On another note I'd be worried if I was your chairman though!!! £131m, even over 4 years is nearly £33m per year you will be shelling out on players..... He'll be expecting some return on that!!

Nope, I've never used an editor ever on FM, 48month deals is the name of the game. It's a risk, it means you have to succeed every year and basically just go a few years without signing any more players.

I only had about £30m or so in my transfer budget though after I'd sold all those players, so that's hardly rich and a reason to bump up prices. The prices I paid are basically just the going rate in FM.

I agree with the prices being the going rate, you got a bargain in Ochoa for £4m though :thup: In my villa save I end up paying pretty much twice the value of every player I go in for now.

And I've only used the editor myself in terms of retiring players or completing transfer updates etc, rather than waiting for patches. But I'm not against anyone using it how they wish either, if they can have fun giving a team hundreds of millions, then let them... Just not my thing....

Yea same here, I mean it's fun spending money but I prefer to do it in a fair way like I've done with the 48month deals, means I have put immense pressure on myself to keep succeeding and have to watch my finances very carefully in the future with around £2.7m a month being paid out in transfer fee payments at the moment.

Anyway, to get the thread back on topic, I feel all the prices I sold my own players for were realistic and fair, with £3m being the highest.

I agree with the prices being the going rate, you got a bargain in Ochoa for £4m though :thup: In my villa save I end up paying pretty much twice the value of every player I go in for now.

And I've only used the editor myself in terms of retiring players or completing transfer updates etc, rather than waiting for patches. But I'm not against anyone using it how they wish either, if they can have fun giving a team hundreds of millions, then let them... Just not my thing....

I know this should be posted in the general 10.2 feedback thread but I didn't want it to get lost.

Since 10.2 was released it has become ridiculously easy to sell marginal players for over-inflated fees. I just offer them to clubs at 2x their value and people swoop them up :(

easysales.png

Surely this must be a bug?

Yes, I am managing Fulham.

I've noted the point about pounds vs. USD but either way I am selling them for roughly 2x their value in USD = 2x their value in GBP.

Archived