Is my game over? (Lack of home-grown players)

I'm playing Roma, in 2014, and I'm asked to submit the registered player list for the Champions League. Unfortunately, I haven't got more than 1 player in my first team who is home-grown at the club, and only 6 who are home-grown in Italy. Naturally, that means I'm sort of the required number. Unfortunately youth team players don't count, and my reserve team has no players in it (reserve teams being pointless in Italy). Now it won't let me submit the list, and obviously it won't let me advance before I submit the list. Is there any way past this?

I'm playing Roma, in 2014, and I'm asked to submit the registered player list for the Champions League. Unfortunately, I haven't got more than 1 player in my first team who is home-grown at the club, and only 6 who are home-grown in Italy. Naturally, that means I'm sort of the required number. Unfortunately youth team players don't count, and my reserve team has no players in it (reserve teams being pointless in Italy). Now it won't let me submit the list, and obviously it won't let me advance before I submit the list. Is there any way past this?

I had this problem with Wolfsburg. Just do a player search with HG status, and buy/free transfer them.

Guest Shogizzle
Leave gaps. 1 gap = 1 less player needs to be registered.

He's right. I had your problem with Fiorentina. So i just selected a squad of 19-21 (cant quite remember) players for Europe and it was ok.

What the above say applies, but can I ask how you have got into this situation in the first place? Have you just got the job or is it your first season in Europe? :)

It's my third season, and all were in Europe. Not quite sure how I made it last season either, but I must not have sold away all the dead wood yet. Basically, most of the players weren't good enough (except for Mexes, who I sold to Real Madrid for £27.5 million when he was getting old). I suppose I was a bit too vigilant.

Thanks for the advice, people.

It's my third season, and all were in Europe. Not quite sure how I made it last season either, but I must not have sold away all the dead wood yet. Basically, most of the players weren't good enough (except for Mexes, who I sold to Real Madrid for £27.5 million when he was getting old). I suppose I was a bit too vigilant.

Thanks for the advice, people.

Ok cheers. Could be a blessing in disguise and now you find loads of good newgens for the future!!! :)

Ok cheers. Could be a blessing in disguise and now you find loads of good newgens for the future!!! :)

I've been doing nothing but looking for those, to be honest. It seems to be much harder than FM09. Personally, I've only found one player. I tried to buy him from Brazil to Sevilla, but he opted for Roma instead, which I of course ended up taking over later. He's probably the best player in the world. Other than that, it's been sparse. I might have to lower my standards a bit. Who knows, with the way scouts are imperfect now, I just might find the next big thing anyway.

I've been doing nothing but looking for those, to be honest. It seems to be much harder than FM09. Personally, I've only found one player. I tried to buy him from Brazil to Sevilla, but he opted for Roma instead, which I of course ended up taking over later. He's probably the best player in the world. Other than that, it's been sparse. I might have to lower my standards a bit. Who knows, with the way scouts are imperfect now, I just might find the next big thing anyway.

Very true there seems to be a scarce amount of really top talent! :)

Guest Shogizzle

Agree with the OP on the standard of youngsters/newgens this year. In both the games ive played (Fiorentina + Rangers) i've found that anyone worth signing is stuck with an astronomical price tag. Must say though the youngsters at Rangers are great - Wilson, Ness + Fleck.

Archived