player position change

go to training and select forward from the drop down box for train to position.

it can fail, but really it's just a case that some learn faster than others. if the player is already pretty versatile and/or has good stats for this position then he will end up being able to play there. if he's really good enough then he may even become a natural! (though i've only seen that a couple of times)

it's also beneficial to play the player in that position whenever possible.

A player learns a new position quickest by both training and playing him there. It can take a while before they get really good at it but yes you can even make them natural. However they can also drop in positional rating if you stop training them even if you play him there. Natural only sticks if you keep training him, just playing him in that position is no guarantee it will stay up. Exception is with positions the player started out with, as far as I know they don't loose natural ratings only with newly trained "natural" positions.

Had it with more then one player allready.

Nasri, Giovinco and Wilshere all trained to natural AML and AMR respectively. Stopped and after a month or two and they were accomplished again. Then put them on training again and they popped back up to natural after a while. Never played em anywhere else in between and they got plenty of playtime. Seems to me they DO drop without training even while playing the position exclusively.

If you train em long enough beyond the border of accomplished/natural all the way up to the max I guess it will take a while before they drop down again and this might not happen to all players. Some players also turn natural by just playing them enough in a position alone. Sadly there is no clear rule here. Just keep training or restart training if they drop.

Archived