Unsettled Player - Help..

At the beginning of the season (2014 with Spurs), i signed Marquinhos from Olyimpiakos... and after about 2 months i started getting the media questions " Has Marquinhos settled? " , "Will you allow him a leave of absence... bla bla bla" . I checked his 'personal' tab and he said he was enjoying playing for the club.. no problem thus far.

Installed patch 10.2... and the next day i click on.. "Marquinhos cannot settle in the area". Anyways cut a long story short, i have since then sent him for a leave of absence twice !! And he comes back and says he is happy... but yet it still says "cannot settle in the area" ??? Im at the end of the season and have just sent him home for a third time !

Any suggestions / help would be appreciated.

Jon.

I'm having this problem with Spurs too, but with Ben Arfa

A lot of it seems to be a bit of living with it. If it helps, Ben Arfa is unhappy at being unable to settle, but he is still being very good, it doesnt seem to be affecting him too much! So im not sure its a disaster

As for actual suggestions, try getting another player from wherever he is from in, or ask him to recommend a coach, and bring them in. Also, you're only a season in, try waiting a bit, it often fixes itself over time. Ive had it before where im getting ready to give up on a player and all of a sudden i get a message saying how he has now settled in the area.

Failing that, if it goes on for longer than you are prepared to wait, and he isnt putting the performances in, sell him!

Archived