Not a Rant, But....

I already accept that i will receive the usual responses about how certain peoples games are perfect and how wonderful the new ME has become and thats fine, if thats what you think then go ahead and enjoy the game i wont stop you.

I also accept that some effort has been put in to improve the current ME, personally i dont see that much has changed but again thats me.

I can also appreciate that certain members of SI staff make exceptional efforts to help out with both trivial and very real issues and on that they should be commended.

There are even certain members of the Moderation team that deserve commendation, those that dont see their position as a chance to ridicule or belittle FM'ers, but instead make an effort to understand the issues raised here in the Forums, even if many of these issues have been done to death and more than well explained.

At the end of the day though, there are still many, many problems with FM after the recent patch. Before you jump down my throat, i also understand what a nightmare this game must be to code and what an enormous effort is made to make the ME even minutely believable.

At the end of the day though the overall appearance of the game and what is viewed via the ME has to be believable does it not? and this is where the game falls down as it has done time and again in its most recent of forms.

I started my patch 10.2 with a Man Utd save, probably the most easiest of saves imaginable, due to their squad and their available transfer funds.

It was easily and quickly noticeable though that these obvious factors were as usual missed or deemed unethical by the most recent ME as it stood.

Even after just a few matches it was clear yet again that the AI was at least twice as likely to score from a easy chance with a relatively poor striker than i was with a World Class one.

My first 10 EPL games with Man Utd showed us scoring just 34 out of 66 CCC's whilst the AI managed a whopping 12 out of 14.

With a majestically better defence as well as a blatantly obvious better front line than just about any other team in the EPL these stats tend to tell a completely different story? and then we have evidence from a more recent save in which i played as West Ham and outplayed the opposition in both of my early league games yet still came out looking like we took a lucky 3 points.

Again 6 CCC's saw us score 4 goals and 1 CCC against saw us also concede 4 goals over the two games, if SI bothered to get this part of the game right then it would be much more acceptable and believable to the point where FM'ers would not feel the constant need to complain.

The game still plays like its nothing more than a direct fight between the Human and the ME with the ME holding all the trump cards and until this issue has been resolved it will always appear as if the AI will without fail have the upper hand.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My EPL stats since 10.2 playing as Liverpool are as follows:

Games played (not including pre-season) = 8

CCC for = 17 (2.13 per game)

Goals for = 16 (2 per game)

CCC against = 10 (1.25 per game)

Goals against = 5 (0.63 per game)

I already accept that i will receive the usual responses about how certain peoples games are perfect and how wonderful the new ME has become and thats fine, if thats what you think then go ahead and enjoy the game i wont stop you.

I also accept that some effort has been put in to improve the current ME, personally i dont see that much has changed but again thats me.

I can also appreciate that certain members of SI staff make exceptional efforts to help out with both trivial and very real issues and on that they should be commended.

There are even certain members of the Moderation team that deserve commendation, those that dont see their position as a chance to ridicule or belittle FM'ers, but instead make an effort to understand the issues raised here in the Forums, even if many of these issues have been done to death and more than well explained.

At the end of the day though, there are still many, many problems with FM after the recent patch. Before you jump down my throat, i also understand what a nightmare this game must be to code and what an enormous effort is made to make the ME even minutely believable.

At the end of the day though the overall appearance of the game and what is viewed via the ME has to be believable does it not? and this is where the game falls down as it has done time and again in its most recent of forms.

I started my patch 10.2 with a Man Utd save, probably the most easiest of saves imaginable, due to their squad and their available transfer funds.

It was easily and quickly noticeable though that these obvious factors were as usual missed or deemed unethical by the most recent ME as it stood.

Even after just a few matches it was clear yet again that the AI was at least twice as likely to score from a easy chance with a relatively poor striker than i was with a World Class one.

My first 10 EPL games with Man Utd showed us scoring just 34 out of 66 CCC's whilst the AI managed a whopping 12 out of 14.

With a majestically better defence as well as a blatantly obvious better front line than just about any other team in the EPL these stats tend to tell a completely different story? and then we have evidence from a more recent save in which i played as West Ham and outplayed the opposition in both of my early league games yet still came out looking like we took a lucky 3 points.

Again 6 CCC's saw us score 4 goals and 1 CCC against saw us also concede 4 goals over the two games, if SI bothered to get this part of the game right then it would be much more acceptable and believable to the point where FM'ers would not feel the constant need to complain.

The game still plays like its nothing more than a direct fight between the Human and the ME with the ME holding all the trump cards and until this issue has been resolved it will always appear as if the AI will without fail have the upper hand.

It's your tactics. I am playing even better and scoring even more goals since the new patch came out. I love it.

It's your tactics. I am playing even better and scoring even more goals since the new patch came out. I love it.

LOL

Same old response i see?

May i ask, why is it "always" that persons tactics?

My team have started the season off great, we've scored 15 goals in 2 league games, and more in cup games, we are yet to conceed, but i bet the second i get a problem some idiot will post its because of my tacitcs.

How long has this been going on for you? if its only been happening for a couple of games then test it a little more because it could just be a dip in form.

LOL

Same old response i see?

May i ask, why is it "always" that persons tactics?

My team have started the season off great, we've scored 15 goals in 2 league games, and more in cup games, we are yet to conceed, but i bet the second i get a problem some idiot will post its because of my tacitcs.

How long has this been going on for you? if its only been happening for a couple of games then test it a little more because it could just be a dip in form.

Because it is the tactics! why are some doing better than others then? they are running same game, same patch, same team.... yet one user is 10th in the league and the other one is challenging title, its obviously crappy tactics and using wrong players...

Because it is the tactics! why are some doing better than others then? they are running same game, same patch, same team.... yet one user is 10th in the league and the other one is challenging title, its obviously crappy tactics and using wrong players...

I am not agreeing nor disagreeing with the OP although I would slightly favour his thoughts than not. Ok I agree that all players of different abilites play FM. But River Plate you could get a monkey and place him as manager of Man Utd play a default 4-4-2 leaving everything as it is and use sensible players for every position and play many games and you would assume that you would certainly win more games than you will lose and be there or there abouts at the end of the season even with no signings, not doing your tactcis just a default, and not interecting with training. My point is even a player with no FM experience and no common sense regarding football just a slight grasp of the game can perform well with a team such as Man Utd.

People say it is your tactics but what- away form home- playing counter attack/ play balls through the middle/ play slightly more defensive than you do home/ making sure your formation complements your players and so on and the same for individual instructions- having Rooney as trying long shots frequent/ run with ball a lot/ try through balls alot etc.

What I'm trying to say is getting the tweaks right in order to get the best out of your players via the tactics requires fine tuning and can make the difference between being great and good.

You say its the tactics and yes they are very very important but i would argue any person with a default set up at a very good team will perform well. The OP is from 10 EPL games (over 1/4 season) and I would argue that based on his figures that he may have a point and when you say its his tactics then for me this is just naivety on your part. If he was 3/4 and the stats were different then we could maybe say its your tactics but the fact remainds that tactics cannot make Englands finest to a mid table team. The tactics can effect a lot but not transform a very good team to a very average one for me. :)

No matter what tactic a player uses IF they do team tealks and press conferences then you can have the greatest tactic FM has ever seen and you'll still never win.

Nobody in the history of FM has ever run the same game, no two people are the same, so tactics, signings etc will always be different.

I apologise to the OP for the two idiots who have posted here proclaiming its your tactics, clearly from your CCC's their is nothing wrong with your tactic, you have been on the receiving end of long shots and a loss of form.

Exactly!

Why dont people seem to get it, FM is a hard game! Every now and again there will be a version that is easy (i think of CM 03/04) but generally its tough and needs constant rethinking. I was a little disappointed under the previous patch where people in the tactics section would go "Oh yeh ive used tactic x, bought one player and ive won every game." - Great! But where is the fun in that?

You as the player can balls a lot of stuff up even with a good time. For instance, bringing too many players in too quickly, making the wrong captains, right formation for the wrong team, bad team talks.

Im currently 2nd with Tottenham in March, 3 points behind city with two games in hand. Ive been banging goals in for fun, but recently ive started to crumble a bit. Maybe this is because "OHMYGODTHEPATCHHASRUINEDTHEGAMEFORMEIWANTAREFUND!!!!" or, maybe its because im been playing similar tactics for almost a nine month period, and opposition scouts have me sussed. A challenge I have to solve......just like in real life.

The example you give is really weird, youve picked united, you havent said if you have bought new players or not, and you say it isnt your tactics. Ok, so say you could pick up the game, put a basic, generic one size fits all tactic in there, pick the players as standard and win the league. Wouldnt that be crap?

Also, united actually arent that good in FM. They are good, but not brilliant, especially in defence. Johnny Evans, Wes Brown and to an extent Rio Ferdinand are all either average, or very susceptible to screw ups - just like in real life!!

Oh and I'm in March of a season I started with Spurs with the new patch installed. Defoe has 18 in 22, Crouch has 10 in 22 and Jo (signed from City) has 16 in 25. Ledley King also has 7 in 23. This is all under the new patch! So, Im sorry but the patch does not make it impossible to score!!

No matter what tactic a player uses IF they do team tealks and press conferences then you can have the greatest tactic FM has ever seen and you'll still never win.

Nobody in the history of FM has ever run the same game, no two people are the same, so tactics, signings etc will always be different.

I apologise to the OP for the two idiots who have posted here proclaiming its your tactics, clearly from your CCC's their is nothing wrong with your tactic, you have been on the receiving end of long shots and a loss of form.

I dont think you quite get what the two 'idiots' (nice) are talking about. I think when they say tactics, they dont just mean formation, they are just saying that a failing isn't just 'the patch', its probably down to something, somewhere that the player is doing.

And in response to an earlier poster who said it is impossible to screw up a great team very quickly - it is - ive done it on previous FM's. Especially after only ten games, if you start badly and have a poor run (which doesnt mean the game is bust) for just 3 or 4 games, then that can stump you into mid table if you do well in the others.

How can it be his tactics (his team created 34 CCCs in 10 matches)...or am i missing something...is there an instruction which tells the player where to place his shot?

If you watch MOTD every week religiously like i do then you have the benefit to watch the game highlights and then afterwards the match stats are revealed at the bottom of the screen as the Managers talk up their players or complain about refereeing decisions.

Match stats are very important, they can show a Manager where things are going wrong and of course where things are going right.

When you watch games and then view the match stats it is usually the norm to find that these mirror each other much more often than not, with the only other tell tale sign being just how good each teams chances were, this in FM is identified by the CCC like it or not it is there and it should be an important tool of the Managers to gauge his teams performance.

Yet in FM it is all to often the case that the stats will show a clear and obvious reflection in your favour yet the scoreline once again makes a complete mockery of the game being played out.

The other point here is that the Human Manager rarely if ever wins these games.

If you analyse this further as have i, the frustration increases tenfold when you watch how your team put together a convincing and realistic move that ends up with an easy tap in missed yet again by your striker, then up the other end the AI are handed a gift of a chance because your defender hits it off the ass of one of his own players and the ball falls perfectly to the opposition forward.

If SI were willing to accept that such things were important concerns and made a concerted effort to fix these issues, then you would have a much happier FM'er, i am not impossible to placate or even impress but the usual reply of utter ignorance from SI at times is the main reason for my usual and often overheated rants.

Just as a final point, like it or not there is definitely an issue since the patch with player conditioning, it has gone from one extreme to the other and needs middling out.

Its hard to imagine anyone with a small squad or in the lower leagues being able to put a team out at all for games with the conditioning as it is?

Yet in FM it is all to often the case that the stats will show a clear and obvious reflection in your favour yet the scoreline once again makes a complete mockery of the game being played out.

I fully accept that this is extremely frustrating, I just had a game where I created 7 CCCs but failed to score. This however is a rarity for me so far, I'm genuinely intrigued how you can manage to do this on a regular basis.

@ Hammer: you say 'If you analyse this further as have i, the frustration increases tenfold when you watch how your team put together a convincing and realistic move that ends up with an easy tap in missed yet again by your striker, then up the other end the AI are handed a gift of a chance because your defender hits it off the ass of one of his own players and the ball falls perfectly to the opposition forward.'

Firstly as a Spurs fan I can assure you that Robbie Keane misses more sitters than he scores IRL. From the half season I've played of 10.2 it seems pretty realistic to me, in fact my team have scored more on this patch than previous (obviously I had to tweak my tactics but that wasn't too hard'

As for the rebound thing that has definitely been cured but as IRL you will still get players absolutely messing up the simplest things (anyone watched Rio Ferdinand or Gareth Barry this season?).

You also complain about conditioning, this is now actually very realistic. It is impossible for any team to press full on and play at 100mph for 90 mins. No one in real life can play 3 games in 7 days and retain 100% fitness, so well done to SI for making this spot on. IMO anyway. Some of you will never be happy. Whens patch 8 out?? ;)

The "it's your tactic [moron!]" reply should grant immediate and permanent ban...

Besides, such objection has much more merit if the complaining FM'er is managing an average side.

But quite frankly blaming it on the user's inability to produce a good tactic when he/she is managing MANCHESTER F'N UNITED is a bit dishonest and unfair.

How hard can it be winning against Hull or Stoke, even with a lazy, unrefined or default tactic? The odd game off is fine, but when it becomes a streak of horrid results or of "Good Stats-Poor Result" matches, then there's a problem, and not just with the user's 4-4-2.

Moreso, the OP brought stats to back his point up. He's not just ranting about "AI cheats!", he's providing cold figures to prove a point, a point which is not even related to a tactic instruction!

Unless of course there is a combination of sliders-instructions that makes your Top Striker shoot at the keeper or that tells your defenders to fall asleep on corners, free-kicks and on random occasions.

Big Clubs are the easy way, usually the beginner's pick in order to get to know the game without becoming frustrated and/or getting steamrolled.

Man Utd should be easy enough to allow anyone to "pick up and play", just fielding the best formation and telling the players "just go out there, do your magic and win".

Then, over time, a more refined and in-depth approach might be needed in order to do better, but that's another story.

The OP has a point, and burying our heads in the sand pretending the game is state-of-the-art perfect won't solve a thing.

Let alone acting all elitist tactical wizards pretending it's just because the OP is a noob and/or a lazy/useless manager

Here are the stats from one of my most recent matches

As a one off its acceptable and although extremely frustrating this kind of thing does happen IRL from time to time.

xbd15k.jpg

Aston Villa did indeed have a lot of possession, but as you can see with how many shots from distance they had they had an impossible time of breaking down our defence, they did not create a single good opportunity at goal.

We on the other hand created 2 CCC's and had other good chances inside the area.

The OG came from a poor cross that was going straight into Greens hands until Ilunga forgot which end he was at and beat the GK to the ball with an outstanding finish.

The second was the usual 25 yard bullet from Carew and of course it was his first goal of the season.

Please remember, as a one off now and again its completely acceptable, but when these games make up half the matches you play it gets ridiculous, even more so because i rarely if ever get anything from these games when the boot is on the other foot.

Oh, and yes, i know, its my tactics.

The "it's your tactic [moron!]" reply should grant immediate and permanent ban...

This is completely uncalled for mate. I agree with the most part of your post, but no need to call him/them a moron. It could possibly come down to the tactics, have you got any proof that it doesn't? I'm not saying it is or isn't, but don't completely rule it out and abuse other members for giving an opinion. Personally, I get most of my CCC's through penalties, and I know that is to do with my tactics. :)

You do realise that there are only a few FMers who "constantly" complain, right?

No matter what SI do, some people will never be happy. I'm beginning to think Hammer, and others who refuse to let their silly conspiracy theories go, just get bored and see baiting the forums as some sort of sport.

Sure, there are too many one-v-ones missed in 10.2 to be "realistic", but it's just the conversion ratios that are out, not the overall number scored. Perhaps SI have increased GKs' ability re one-v-ones or reduced the affect of STs' composure/finishing, but whatever is causing this minor statistical anomoly, it works the same for both AI and human user.

I'm unbeaten with Man City in season 2, end of Feb, scoring 55 overall, missing plenty, with only 12 conceded. This is using a couple of slightly modified default tactics, keeping the same team together for long runs, and taking note of teamtalks etc.

There is only one arguement to be made here, and I'm sorry, but it trumps everything any of these guys have to say: if there was a real issue with AI "cheating" or having some sort of advantage over the human user, then EVERYONE would have the problem. They don't. End of story.

If there's a genuine bug just upload it so SI can fix these problems. Otherwise, just calm down and play the (admittedly imperfect) game in front of you.

I wondered how long it would be after the new patch before we would see another Hammer rant thread. :D

I fully accept that this is extremely frustrating, I just had a game where I created 7 CCCs but failed to score. This however is a rarity for me so far, I'm genuinely intrigued how you can manage to do this on a regular basis.

CF sums it up for me. How do you do it Hammer? :p

Are these tactics creator tactics or slider tactics that you are using out of interest?

Moving on, I'm not sure how much I trust the Clear Cut Chances statistic, and I certainly wouldn't focus on it and disregard all other statistics as you seem to be doing Hammer.

I was recently studying the match stats while watching a game on FM the other day and two chances were put down as CCCs. While one of them was definitely a clear cut chance in an unmarked position in front of goal, the other 'CCC' was a chance with a striker at the back post under a great deal of pressure from a defender and at a difficult angle to finish from. In my view, one of them really was clear cut while the other looked like a difficult chance to take. So I'm not sure how much they mean.

Anyway, with these kind of problems in my experience, it usually has something to do with the tactical choices, and by that I mean strategy rather than anything very complicated. Can I ask what sort of strategy you have been using during games. Also, are your players on very low morale or having problems motivating themselves for games?

Just a few thoughts. I realise that it must be quite frustrating for you at the moment but you have to accept the fact that people like myself very rarely see such things happening in their games. Thus, we can reach the conclusion that it is something that you are doing in your game. Perhaps it is time to look at the way that you play the game and to try to change?

Regards,

C.

Statistically, I should say, you are right. But overall, if you are not winning games with one of the best teams in the world, it is, without a doubt, your tactics.

Lose against Hull due to tactical issues and that saps morale. Harder to pick up your players, so you should play a more cautious tactic against Stoke, but still encourage them enough to win.

Morale/mental condition/team-talks/press conferences - all these do play too significant a role in performances as it stands. They should be there, but I won't deny that this should be tweaked.

At the moment, my team have superb morale all the way through, barring a couple of people not getting enough 1st team games, which I think has contributed. Last season, I went on a bad run and was on the verge of being sacked, until I bought David Villa and he catapaulted us to 4th.

A few wins increases confidence and it's easier to even win more games.

Regardless as to whether or not it is Hammers' tactics are ultimately to blame or not, I think it's fair to say that if countless CCC's are being created but not converted on a very regular basis, then there is also something up with the match engine in how it is representing the tactic in the game and perhaps flaws in the engine are causing it to create far more chances then it should be. It may well be that Hammers' tactic is a poor tactic, but the number of chances that are being created by it certainly aren't giving that impression.

This is completely uncalled for mate. I agree with the most part of your post, but no need to call him/them a moron. It could possibly come down to the tactics, have you got any proof that it doesn't? I'm not saying it is or isn't, but don't completely rule it out and abuse other members for giving an opinion. Personally, I get most of my CCC's through penalties, and I know that is to do with my tactics. :)

I didn't call him moron...

I was stating how the general tone of the "it's your tactic" implies some sort of disrespect to the user who "dare" to complain and to blame it on the ME instead of realizing it HIS fault.

Thus, at least to me, most of the "it's your tactic" replies sound like "it's your tactic, you noob" [or fool, moron whatever].

Moreso, the OP isn't ranting about AI generically cheating to win. He's just showing how his CCC % is much lower than the AI's, and as far as I can tell, such an issue is NOT down to anyone's tactical choice or adjustment.

"Your tactic" can be responsible for you conceding too many CCC to your opponents, for not creating enough CCC of your own, for thousands of different shortcomings and defeats.

BUT if you lose 2-0 a match where you outshoot the AI like 10-3 and your striker squandered 5 CCC, while the AI team scored on their only one, I don't really see how tactic can be blamed.

RL's broken too. I mean, Man Utd losing 3-0 at Fulham, come on?!?!?!

I know, its totally stupid. United have Wayne Rooney and are one of the best teams in the game, they can win anything with any tactics/squad selection/motivation etc, so therefore its clear that real life is cr*p, the new patch must be to blame for United loss to Fulham - its totally unrealistic and has completely ruined my life for me. SI, PLZ HELLLPPP!!!!! :)

I know, its totally stupid. United have Wayne Rooney and are one of the best teams in the game, they can win anything with any tactics/squad selection/motivation etc, so therefore its clear that real life is cr*p, the new patch must be to blame for United loss to Fulham - its totally unrealistic and has completely ruined my life for me. SI, PLZ HELLLPPP!!!!! :)

Here we go again....a big team suffers an unexpected defeat and you come up with some stupid replies...watch the game and then compare it with FM...United had just two shots on target and did not create a single good chance while Liverpool had just one shot on target. They deserved to lose...if it was the same in the game (with my team not creating chances) then i would have accepted that there is something wrong with the tactic...however my team is creating loads of chances but the strikers are not putting them away...Someone from SI has admitted that the keepers are too good when faced with 1v1 situation

And before you go on posting these kinds of replies..please get your stats right and then respond :-|

When someone titles a post 'not a rant, but...' then you know it's a rant.

When a post is started by Hammer you don't really need a title to know it's a rant.

As a result it is not worth replying with anything serious. If you argue with him he won't listen. If you argue something obviously true he will change his tact to another part of the ME.

Personally I think he needs a woman...or a woman that shows him more attention. :D

When a post is started by Hammer you don't really need a title to know it's a rant.

As a result it is not worth replying with anything serious. If you argue with him he won't listen. If you argue something obviously true he will change his tact to another part of the ME.

Personally I think he needs a woman...or a woman that shows him more attention. :D

Or a different computer game :D

I've been with the same woman for 10 years, believe me when i say i am past the stage where i need any attention from her.

Will post a reply or two later.

I Can honestly say after 10 matches of the 10.2, i haven't experienced these super keepers or missing lots of CCCs. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but don't all strikers go through barren spells? My only complaints were my 3D ME was slowing down and I was getting some delays that were not there before, which, i have now sorted. :thup:

Some friendly advice, hammer.

The game will NEVER be perfect, and every time something doesn't go right for you in the game, you really shouldn't make a new thread about it, your just setting yourself up for ridicule and making a not very good name for yourself in these forums. Hence, the above posts. Why don't you start a thread about things you like in the game? you must like something in the game, or why on earth would you be playing it?

Stats from a couple of matches from my first 15 games (by the way...some of the goals came from long shots or from chances that were not display as CCC):

Burnley(3 SOT, 1 CCC) 1-1 Man City (4 SOT, 4 CCC)

Man City (6 SOT, 5 CCC) 2-1 Yeovil (2 SOT, 1 CCC)

Man City (7 SOT, 4 CCC) 0 -1 West Ham (1 SOT)

Liverpool (8 SOT, 3 CCC) 1-1 Man City (3 SOT, 1 CCC)

Arsenal (6 SOT, 5 CCC) 1-0 Man City (5 SOT, 5 CCC)

Aston Villa (9 SOT, 6 CCC) 3-1 Man City (5 SOT, 6 CCC)

I am not claiming a conspiracy theory or anything..nor am i saying that only my team misses chances...the same thing happens to AI teams who play against me...as i said in another post..why do SI look at real life stats...common sense tells us that a poor striker misses a large portion of good chances, a good striker scores an acceptable amount of goals from clear chances while an excellent striker puts away a majority of his clear chances...

Tevez, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Robinho, Torres, Dzeko, Lisandro Lopez, Gignac...all shoot straight at the keeper...if they were trying to place the ball wide of the keeper and the keeper pulled off a good save then its understandable..however majority of the shots are directed right at the keeper (there were no issues with morale too)...as far as i know..there is not tactical instruction which will allow me to tell where the striker should hit the ball so apart from cursing the strikers...there is nothing i can do :(

Besides, such objection has much more merit if the complaining FM'er is managing an average side.

But quite frankly blaming it on the user's inability to produce a good tactic when he/she is managing MANCHESTER F'N UNITED is a bit dishonest and unfair.

How hard can it be winning against Hull or Stoke, even with a lazy, unrefined or default tactic? The odd game off is fine, but when it becomes a streak of horrid results or of "Good Stats-Poor Result" matches, then there's a problem, and not just with the user's 4-4-2.

Moreso, the OP brought stats to back his point up. He's not just ranting about "AI cheats!", he's providing cold figures to prove a point, a point which is not even related to a tactic instruction!

Unless of course there is a combination of sliders-instructions that makes your Top Striker shoot at the keeper or that tells your defenders to fall asleep on corners, free-kicks and on random occasions.

Big Clubs are the easy way, usually the beginner's pick in order to get to know the game without becoming frustrated and/or getting steamrolled.

Man Utd should be easy enough to allow anyone to "pick up and play", just fielding the best formation and telling the players "just go out there, do your magic and win".

Then, over time, a more refined and in-depth approach might be needed in order to do better, but that's another story.

The OP has a point, and burying our heads in the sand pretending the game is state-of-the-art perfect won't solve a thing.

Let alone acting all elitist tactical wizards pretending it's just because the OP is a noob and/or a lazy/useless manager

Could someone please email this to Alex Ferguson@MANCHESTER F'N UNITED.com

It should cap off a pretty hilariously bad week for him. Maybe he should just tell his players to 'go out there, do your magic and win.' From where I was sitting tho' it was his tactics just the same as it was probably the OP's.

Lol and yet another thread ruined by fan boys.

Dont any of you get bored with replying "its your tactics" or responding to someones saying "well it might be the tactics"

Get out of SI's a** and stop trolling every single post that has an issue with the game.

Dont any of you get bored with replying "its your tactics" or responding to someones saying "well it might be the tactics"

Get out of SI's a** and stop trolling every single post that has an issue with the game.

There's a couple of points that you need to understand, Telac.

Firstly, Hammer is well known here for making post after post about how he hates this game. Every week we hear a new conspiracy theory from Hammer about how the ME is flawed. People don't take him seriously anymore.

Secondly, posts about flaws with the game are, and can be, taken seriously if they are well written. I have seen a number of posts critical of FM that have been constructively written and look at the game from a number of angles. Those are the posts that are well received and get discussed appropriately. Hammer's posts do not follow that outline. They only look at the bad, or at least the bad in his warped head. He rarely accepts what be good and he backs up his arguments with belief rather than proof. He's had answers time and again yet he chooses to listen to none of them.

Yes, there are people that continue to spout rubbish lines about it being the poster's tactics at fault (a comment that has gotten old now), but quite often it is tactics.

It would be nice if we could get rid of the non-constructive critical threads as well the participants who reply moronically.

I'll finish by saying that SI can not act on belief that the ME is flawed. They need proof. I'm sure they'd love to perfect the ME but they can't do that with posts that assume the match engine is cheating because the poster didn't score in 2 matches because his strikers had their feet amputated by the ME, or because the opposition's keeper had 4 shredded wheat for breakfast and has developed super powers. Or at least the poster believes that.

I just lost a match, however, I'm not going to start a new thread about how the ME is broke or unrealistic.

It was my tactics.

I conceded in the 92nd minute to lose 2-1 after going for the winner.

It was my tactics.

Is it okay to say that it was my tactics? or does that make me a fan boy? because, you don't seem to be able to grasp the fact, that sometimes, it REALLY IS YOUR TACTICS. :thup:

I just lost a match, however, I'm not going to start a new thread about how the ME is broke or unrealistic.

It was my tactics.

I conceded in the 92nd minute to lose 2-1 after going for the winner.

It was my tactics.

Is it okay to say that it was my tactics? or does that make me a fan boy? because, you don't seem to be able to grasp the fact, that sometimes, it REALLY IS YOUR TACTICS. :thup:

It's not okay, someone else has to say it.

If I may, I'll do the honours.. it's your tactics. :)

This is also trolling, like alot of your posts telac.

Whilst I dont think the suggesting new games was fair on Hammer, the tactics response is an acceptable reply to most of Hammers' rants.

The other point, which seems to have been totally ignored, is that CCC arent being represnted properly, they are usually the last stat I look at, possession, passing and tackles should be the main ones you look at.

Archived