New patch Problem

When I try to patch my game with the new patch I get this message

error creating update file, C:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2010\data\sigfx\meshes\stadium\20-30,000\b\concrete_block_shader.png

error 0x000004C8 - the requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open

Anyone know how I can get past this Thanks

I am having this exact problem, i have tryed disabling my anti-virus software and the game is not running when i am trying to patch.

Really would appreciate some help with this, i have never had a problem with any patches on football manager before.

PLEASE HELP !!

I have got it working now, i use avg free addition anti virus software and disabling it didn't work but after i completely uninstalled it (Avg not manager)the patch worked fine.

Annoying though considering how many people use avg

can anyone please give me a step by step guide to downloading and installing this patch. when im in-game , if i go to game status or detail. should it still say version 10.1? also should i be able to load version 10.2.0 on the data editor?

i have downloaded the new patch, and opened it. i have it in downloads,im obviously forgetting something, what am i doin wrong?

can anyone please give me a step by step guide to downloading and installing this patch. when im in-game , if i go to game status or detail. should it still say version 10.1? also should i be able to load version 10.2.0 on the data editor?

i have downloaded the new patch, and opened it. i have it in downloads,im obviously forgetting something, what am i doin wrong?

When you say 'opened it' do you mean you have run the file? The file will most likely download to a zipped file and you will need to extract that file and run it to patch the game.

Go to the patch location in my documents (or wherever you downloaded it to). Now right-click ont he file and you hopefully will get an option to extract. Extract it to 'here' and then you can open and run the .exe file that appears by double-clicking on it. You'll get a window that tells you FM is patching.

Do you happen to run the game through Steam by any chance. If that is the case it will patch for you and you needn't download anything. It's far simpler and something to consider in future.

I hope you get it sorted.

Step by step:

1. Download the file from the official patch thread. Download it to my documents to make it easier to find.

2. Extract the file by right clicking on it and selecting 'extract here'.

3. Double click the .exe file to run it and patch the game.

Should be as simple as that, though I patch FM with Steam. That is a pretty standard patching step by step for most games.

I thought I had posted to your question before but I guess I didnt save it because I cant find it now. Sorry about that.

Once you download the patch, you have to change the file extension on it to exe so as an example, it would look like this:

fm10.exe

Once you have that, just click on the file and it will look for the default install location of your game. If it finds it then it will update your files and then tell you when its done. if you installed to a different location, you need to tell it where to look.

Once you do this, when you open your game status, it should say 10.2 and as far as the editor goes, I think it does this automatically for you. Also make sure your game is not running when you install the patch.

Hope this helps you get it working

When you say 'opened it' do you mean you have run the file? The file will most likely download to a zipped file and you will need to extract that file and run it to patch the game.

Go to the patch location in my documents (or wherever you downloaded it to). Now right-click ont he file and you hopefully will get an option to extract. Extract it to 'here' and then you can open and run the .exe file that appears by double-clicking on it. You'll get a window that tells you FM is patching.

Do you happen to run the game through Steam by any chance. If that is the case it will patch for you and you needn't download anything. It's far simpler and something to consider in future.

I hope you get it sorted.

Step by step:

1. Download the file from the official patch thread. Download it to my documents to make it easier to find.

2. Extract the file by right clicking on it and selecting 'extract here'.

3. Double click the .exe file to run it and patch the game.

Should be as simple as that, though I patch FM with Steam. That is a pretty standard patching step by step for most games.

once again tanks a mill, the reason i dont use steam is coz i sometimes use the laptop for fm in a place where there is no internet connection, so thought it be handier for the like of myself, but guess i was wrong.

ill know better next time. decided to start this download agian from scratch so hopefully ill get that sorted shortly, nice one for ur help.

once again tanks a mill, the reason i dont use steam is coz i sometimes use the laptop for fm in a place where there is no internet connection, so thought it be handier for the like of myself, but guess i was wrong.

ill know better next time. decided to start this download agian from scratch so hopefully ill get that sorted shortly, nice one for ur help.

By the way, you can install the game via Steam and still play the game without being connected to the net. You just need to go in to your Steam directory and access FM10 via the fm10.exe file itself.

Program Files -> Steam -> Steamapps -> Common -> Football Manager 2010 -> double-click the FM icon.

I haven't tried it myself in this version but used to run it this way in 09.

Ive heard issues like this with Avg on other forums. Makes me wonder what Avg does that a lot of programs have problems running with it

I use AVG and have never had any issues. I would suggest that people who have AVG set it up so that it ignores any folders that FM needs access to when scanning.

If that doesnt work then try downloading from another link since it might be a faulty download. Also if anyone is using steam you should remember that you dont have to download the patch yourself and if you do it will cause problems.

I use AVG and have never had any issues. I would suggest that people who have AVG set it up so that it ignores any folders that FM needs access to when scanning.

If that doesnt work then try downloading from another link since it might be a faulty download. Also if anyone is using steam you should remember that you dont have to download the patch yourself and if you do it will cause problems.

i would rather change the avg setup rather than completely reinstalling it. Where are the settings that let you change the ignored folders s you suggest? I take it its just the FM game folder and the relevant My Documents folder which would need to be accessed?

cheers!

1 - Open AVG User Interface

2 - Double Click Where it says resident shield

3 - Click the button "Manage Exceptions"

4 - Click Add Path

5 - A window will appear asking you to select the directory to ignore.

6 - Select C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive (or wherever your game is installed) and press ok.

Now run your update. This worked for me, hopefully it will work for others.

Archived