How are you dealing with players exhaustion at small clubs?

Coop

Badly.

Actually, just a frantic rotation which a real lower league club couldn't do. Lots of free transfers and loans and way, way over my wage budget.

I wonder if someone from SI could tell us why they changed the 'condition' of players in the last patch? Apart from the boost at the end of the game it was working fine.

I wonder if someone from SI could tell us why they changed the 'condition' of players in the last patch? Apart from the boost at the end of the game it was working fine.

What Rocky said. Convenient as it was, it was totally unrealistic that amateurs with low stamina could play three high-tempo games a week with no ill effects.

In addition to the above points, at lower league level it is even more important to adapt your tactics according to the capacity of the players. You need to go low tempo and low closing down to conserve their energy. Use the shouts 'keep possession' and 'take a breather' a few times over the 90 minutes.

What Rocky said. Convenient as it was, it was totally unrealistic that amateurs with low stamina could play three high-tempo games a week with no ill effects.

In addition to the above points, at lower league level it is even more important to adapt your tactics according to the capacity of the players. You need to go low tempo and low closing down to conserve their energy. Use the shouts 'keep possession' and 'take a breather' a few times over the 90 minutes.

Lower division teams don't play a slow, continental style.

IRL: They run about and get tired but the other side do too and it evens out.

in game: They get tired and injured.

In my BSP game, I have first team seven players injured after twelve games. One side in my BSP game has 14. That's well over half their squad.

It's a challenge but it isn't realism.

Couple of things I found helping, dropping tempo during matches and reducing the intensity of trg to top of medium as opposed to heavy, plus a little bit of rotation. Can usually get 3 games a week out of most of them. Obviously natural fitness and stamina will have much to do with the recovery rate.

I'm limiting the amount of heavy pressing done during a match to the bare minimum, have to nurture the weaklings in the squad with the odd day off training but really this hasn't been a huge problem. Most players can turn out three games a week for a two or three months before needing a break. Injuries aren't that bad either - two or three players out with minor injuries (less than 10 days to recover usually) at any one time, but nothing to bad.

Archived