hardly anyone cheers when i score away from home

ptjw

Hi, its a minor minor thing but when i play with sound on and as my thread title says...whenever i'm playing away, and whenever a player scores...there's absolutely no change in the generic soft cheering...but when the opponent scores the whole stadium goes into raptures...

i'm curious as i don't live in europe and i've only watched big matches live on tv but it always seems that the cheering is loud regardless of which team did the scoring on tv, or maybe its because the mics are placed all over?

enlighten me, are matches really that quiet when the away team scores?

I wouldn't say so, ok they might not be as loud as some home teams, but the away fans certainly do more singing through out the match at most games with the few exceptions. They can also sound as loud as the home fans at some grounds.

When the away side scores in real life, For about 5 mins or so after they have scored, the away fans go barmy bouncing up and down and singing songs. They are usually loudest just after they have scored.

I agree on FM when the away team scores you can hardly hear them most of the time, That said even with the sound pack, i don't think you can hear the away fans sing any songs through out the match.

You can just hear the home fans singing.

I think it is something to do with the official sound coding though, which is a shame.

Archived