Thanks to SI

I have just recently started a new game with Man Utd with the new 10.2 database and I think that it is a lot smoother and not "jittery". The match engine is smooth, realistic and I, personally, feel it is the best patch they have EVER released.

Thank you SI for releasing such an excellent patch.

It's definitely an improvement in most areas. And with the January transfer window update patch to come in.......probably February, there'll be even more changes/fixes in that, in response to issues that are raised, so it can only get better.

It's definitely an improvement in most areas. And with the January transfer window update patch to come in.......probably February, there'll be even more changes/fixes in that, in response to issues that are raised, so it can only get better.

The match engine is truly awful in 10.2.What has happended to the game?Everything was fine in 10.1 with the exception of difficulty in selling players.

this only happens to you, check your video card... the issue i have is the crazy flying goalies and strikers missing some easy 1on1 situations.

My video card worked on 10.1, and has all the up to date drivers. This only happened since 10.2 was installed.

Manually uninstalled, reinstalled, patched to 10.2, and still no luck.

Latest Direct X, latest gfx drivers, no custom graphics, no custom ddts, no edited data, deleted application data, and done a manual uninstall with no luck.

if this game was from 1994 i would understand this complaint but the modern game is based on your squad, not your eleven.

why am i forced to have a whole second 11 in this version of fm on this specific patch? it was never an issue in the last 5 fms or even this fm untill this patch, i like to be able to play my best players without having to rest them every other game

why am i forced to have a whole second 11 in this version of fm on this specific patch? it was never an issue in the last 5 fms or even this fm untill this patch, i like to be able to play my best players without having to rest them every other game

But dude, id like to see you keep up your shape after dashing 90 minutes of football-war with rivals, for then to do it all over again after 4 days. And training every day in between! So, more realism to the game. And it's the same for other teams ^,..,^

Barcelona was so worn out when they met my Juventus in CL, I almost felt sad for them.

i've been playing this game since 1942 and i can happily say that this patch is the best ever. long shots are gone, animation has improved out of sight (some great stuff if you watch closely), injuries slightly up but still within realms of reality.

you'll need to start a new game as the the change in game style will drive you up the wall if you were living off long shots, the same 11 and tactics for the entire season.

manage your team people!!!!

I'd like to thank SI for all the effort they've put into this patch and especially for all the time they devote to these fora. The help they are providing in the official 10.2 patch thread is fantastic. I just wish that all games gave the same level of support as that given by SI.

XXX (seriously)

my players are dying in this new patch, they can barely make it through the match without starting the next match at 84 percent fitness...

you really think a player will start mid season games always with 90+ fitness? why do you think Guardiola rested Messi when playing crappy teams.... you think he just randomly picked messi eh... he was resting him! come on buddy....

wow you picked one example!

at the end of the day players like gerrard or rooney will always start in a premierleague game of importance(im not talking about carling cup or other mickey mouse trophies) unless of course they are injured, I mean if this was such the case why did it take them 10 editions of the game and then 2 patches to come up with this "solution" ?

at the end of the day players like gerrard or rooney will always start in a premierleague game of importance(im not talking about carling cup or other mickey mouse trophies) unless of course they are injured, I mean if this was such the case why did it take them 10 editions of the game and then 2 patches to come up with this "solution" ?

yes they always start, but do you ever check what training they doing after a game? usually very light stuff like practice shooting, passing. again, in the old versions players always start games with at least 95+ fitness and some even 100, which is very unrealistic. Have you ever tried playing a full 90 minute game with tons of running on a Sunday and then on Wednesday another 90 minutes? Also, Pepe from real madrid got injured last week and will be out for 6 months. He only played 5 minutes! but because he started in practically every single match, his fitness was quite low and was prone to injury...

did you not see rooney being taken off against wolves? i mean christ he kicked up enough of a fuss. i guess fergie just did it to **** him off.

i am really not one of these people that defends si endlessly on these forums but this is one of my favourite things about the patch and one of the best ways they have updated the game for a long time in my eyes. i definitely think it is more realistic that way. i have players with high stamina and natural fitness who maintain their fitness from game to game. you also have the option of giving them a rest through touchline instructions which is new to this version. i think it's good because when you play the smaller teams they are able to maintain a high level for too long and now that is gone.

yes they always start, but do you ever check what training they doing after a game? usually very light stuff like practice shooting, passing. again, in the old versions players always start games with at least 95+ fitness and some even 100, which is very unrealistic. Have you ever tried playing a full 90 minute game with tons of running on a Sunday and then on Wednesday another 90 minutes? Also, Pepe from real madrid got injured last week and will be out for 6 months. He only played 5 minutes! but because he started in practically every single match, his fitness was quite low and was prone to injury...

i have tried playing 90 mins and it did tire me out imensly, but the difference is i didnt do training everyday and my fitness wasnt high to begin with. now pay me 100k a week and i will train everyday and make sure i can run around for a combined total of 3 hours during the 2 matches and i will still be ready for a third.

and fabregas for me has 18 stamina and 18 fitness and he gets the most tired in my team before the patch, now after the patch he gets even more tired!

i have tried playing 90 mins and it did tire me out imensly, but the difference is i didnt do training everyday and my fitness wasnt high to begin with. now pay me 100k a week and i will train everyday and make sure i can run around for a combined total of 3 hours during the 2 matches and i will still be ready for a third.

and fabregas for me has 18 stamina and 18 fitness and he gets the most tired in my team before the patch, now after the patch he gets even more tired!

i couldn't be sure as i'm no tactic freak but you're probably asking him to do too much plus he is more likely to get kicked than most players

i couldn't be sure as i'm no tactic freak but you're probably asking him to do too much plus he is more likely to get kicked than most players

nah before he would get very tired because he would play more games then anyone else which is understandable, maybe its just because every other game and patch before this didnt affect the match condition as much as 10.2 that im just not used to it...

In regards to the fitness debate, it cetainly seems that players ability to get fitter quicker has been reduced I think its better in two ways. 1- it reflects real life and 2- It should favour us as we tend to have better back up players than the AI/ better squads.

But having said that it is quite a big change in terms of this being implemented but why now and not five years ago- has something just happened in real life that I'm not aware of as surely this is not a new thing in football. :)

yep.. thankyou SI... finally have a realistis fitness system....

had always been annoyed slightly how unrealistic it was to have a player come off the pitch with 86% fitness

in regards to scribs... your example of top players always getting games.. its true... and the same is true of this game

gerrard for me comes off the pitch with 60% fitness sometimes but always gets back into the high 80-90's % by a the next game a week later...

5-7 days is realistic amount of time for them to rest .. if you have mid week games.. its now a choice whether to risk your best players or not... ie. realism

Archived