Thank you SI for the 09 skin!!

No, and I have no intention of letting that... thing anywhere near my PC, I have had severe problems with it for FM09 and I had to reset my entire system to its factory defaults, taking ages and wiping everything off my hard drive. Don't want that rubbish back, ta very much. Why on Earth should I have to use Steam to get it? Can SI explain this please? In the meantime, is there any unofficial site I can get it from, and BTW I have just tried google.

No, and I have no intention of letting that... thing anywhere near my PC, I have had severe problems with it for FM09 and I had to reset my entire system to its factory defaults, taking ages and wiping everything off my hard drive. Don't want that rubbish back, ta very much. Why on Earth should I have to use Steam to get it? Can SI explain this please? In the meantime, is there any unofficial site I can get it from, and BTW I have just tried google.

I feel the same, Don't want to use steam & i have no intention of ever using it.

It does seem unfair that only steam users get the FM09 skin. :(

I think SI said before the FM09 skin is a bonus if you use steam (like the achievments) To try and push people into using steam.

But like you say, It sucks for the rest of us...

the achievements are worth it for me.

didn't by 09 on steam, got it from game, but i bought this one on there and had no problems with it. i think you just need to register your game with steam to get the updates and then you can still load the game up without using it though?

tbh i hated the new skins when i started this fm but i just loaded up the 09 skin and i found it hard to go back, so i just switched back to fm10 even though i'd been tempted to download a new skin anyway

Seriously, God knows, that is why I have asked for an explanation, but it is a fair bet that they have gone on hloiday till the new year now, what with the dreadful excuse for a patch being out and it nearly being Christmas.

Seriously, God knows, that is why I have asked for an explanation, but it is a fair bet that they have gone on hloiday till the new year now, what with the dreadful excuse for a patch being out and it nearly being Christmas.

Are people not allowed to go on holiday?

And it's perfectly reasonable that SI give it to steam only users.

What's more frustrating, is if you are a mac user, you have no chance of getting it.

I am not saying they are not allowed to go on holiday from work, it would just be nice if they did their work properly when they're not. Why do you think it being steam exclusive is reasonable?

Steam doesn't cost anything.

If you really want the skin, you could have used steam.

SI ideally want everyone to use steam (I think), as presumably it helps prevent against piracy.

Think of it like bank accounts. They're almost exactly the same thing. You chose one for what ever reason. The other one then decides to offer some incentive for using it ( say a free railcard), you can't them complain saying you should get it too.

Even if the skin is steam only I think its only a matter of time before someone makes it available on one of the many fm fan sites. I personally dont care though because I prefer the dark skin that comes with the boxed version of the game.

If you read the thread, you will see I have considerable reason for avoiding Steam, and why should I have to pay for SI trying to avoid piracy?

AFAIK, Steam was free?

And just because it doesn't work for you/ you don't want to use it, doesn't mean SI shouldn't use it.

The skin isn't even part of the game, it's just an incentive for people to use the game.

Even if the skin is steam only I think its only a matter of time before someone makes it available on one of the many fm fan sites. I personally dont care though because I prefer the dark skin that comes with the boxed version of the game.

Yeah i thought so, But people were asking for it on Sortitoutsi.net and the thread got closed and there is a sticky now at sortitoutsi saying what it says here on the skinning hideout:

Upon installing the latest patch Steam users will find they will be able to select the FM09 Skin.

This skin is exclusive to Steam users and at this time this is how SI would like to keep it. SI may make this available to all at some point in the future but until then please don't attempt to re-package it and share it on here. Anybody who does will have their links removed and the threads closed or deleted.

Thanks.

And this is what it says in the skinning hideout : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=176760

Looks like we will just have to wait and see if SI decide to make it available to every one ...

Well, I would have to pay for some ultra advanced anti-virus to stop my PC being destroyed, and I have no problem with SI using it, I just don't understand why special treatment should be given to Steam users?

Because SI want people to use steam more?

I have avast anti virus btw, completely free and I have never had an issue with Steam.

the only issue i have had with steam is completely unrelated to FM10 (stupid orange box wouldnt run).

the one thing i miss going from the FM10 skin to the 09 one is the little calendar at the top of the screen so i didnt have to do anything to check if i had a game within the next week and who it was

It's one thing to encourage customers to use a certain distribution method, but to deny customer features that could be easily incorporated to their chosen method based on this choice moves beyond acceptable encouragement imo.

Is it really a feature though?

Where do you draw the line between a feature and an incentive?

It's not a feature, it's a skin.

It's not like SI are doing what many game manufacturers do nowadays and say "Ok lads, we have 2 editions, in one edition you buy the game as is. In another you buy a game with a fancy dan box AND an extra level/pet/gun/character/moveset/car/track, all for an extra £10"

They are offering alternative skins (and box art) for FREE if you use their preferred method of game platform/pre order as a reward.

here is a screenie of the 09 skin, with one of the current standard one below to compare.

FM09skin.png

i quite like the new skin, but the chance to get my sidebar back was too much to turn down

I see on the FM09 style skin the Competition logo is full size. I also see that there is a shadow behind the Man City club logo. Then i scroll down to the FM10 skin and see that the shadow behind Man Citys badge as gone & the Comp logo as shrunk. ;)

Ohhh just looking at that image of the FM09 style skin, the sidebar looks so good.

It's like an ex-girlfriend, I thought i was over it and happy with the new one.

But seeing the old skin again for the first time since, makes me relise how much i have missed it. :D

haha ok i was being a bit over dramatic there. But with the Side Bar it just looks so normal, It looks like a CM/FM game once again.

But im still not going to install steam, just to get the skin. :p

This is a bit of a joke, some people don't use steam as they don't want to, which is their choice, surely SI should make all the extras available to all FM 2010 users

SI want to encourage people towards Steam, as it helps protect against Piracy.

Hence, the skin is an incentive for people to use steam.

It doesn't add anything to the game and so cannot be classed as a feature.

And don't call me Shirley.

This is a bit of a joke, some people dont use steam as they dont want to, which is there choice surely SI should make all the extras availible to all FM 2010 users

To be fair, SI made it clear well before the release date that this would only be made available to Steam users. You made your choice.

So basically what your saying is that its up to SI games how i want to use my game i dont get a choice even though i paid 29.99 for my game......well i dont know as i must be missing something as i always thought that we can choose how we likwe to use our games on our pcs......silly me

So basically what your saying is that its up to SI games how i want to use my game i dont get a choice even though i paid 29.99 for my game......well i dont know as i must be missing something as i always thought that we can choose how we likwe to use our games on our pcs......silly me

Yup, silly you. If you wanted this skin they you should have known to buy the Steam version, they made it clear. And by the way, I dislike Steam too so I'm on the DVD version too. Much as I want the FM09 skin I'll just have to wait too. I made my choice too.

By having the extra skin, how would that change how you use the game? :confused:

Archived