This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in FM

It was the first game of the season. I was winning 2-0, and comfortably. Just as the final whistle went, my game froze. How annoying.

So I re-load to find that I now have to play the match again, because obviously, I hadn't saved.

And what happens? I get slaughtered. Same line-up, same tactics, same everything.

But I wasn't going to put up with that. I had a comfortable 2-0 win under my belt. I'm not getting thrashed in a game that I've already won.

So I don't save. I re-load. I try again. I get thrashed again. I must have re-loaded five times now and every time, my team gets beaten. This does not make sense. I won comfortably the first time.

I don't know what to do here. The thing is, this shouldn't even be a tough game. If I play on, I can't help but feel morale will be down and I will be sent on a losing streak, with tough fixtures up ahead. Which I would accept, had I not ALREADY WON THIS MATCH ONCE.

It was the first game of the season. I was winning 2-0, and comfortably. Just as the final whistle went, my game froze. How annoying.

So I re-load to find that I now have to play the match again, because obviously, I hadn't saved.

And what happens? I get slaughtered. Same line-up, same tactics, same everything.

But I wasn't going to put up with that. I had a comfortable 2-0 win under my belt. I'm not getting thrashed in a game that I've already won.

So I don't save. I re-load. I try again. I get thrashed again. I must have re-loaded five times now and every time, my team gets beaten. This does not make sense. I won comfortably the first time.

I don't know what to do here. The thing is, this shouldn't even be a tough game. If I play on, I can't help but feel morale will be down and I will be sent on a losing streak, with tough fixtures up ahead. Which I would accept, had I not ALREADY WON THIS MATCH ONCE.

This happened to me when i was winning 2-0 against Man Utd. The game froze on about 89 minutes.

Fortunately, i saved the game before the Man u game so just played it again and got walloped 5-1, replayed it about 5 times till i got a 1-1 draw so just accepted this and moved on.

This is one of the most ridiculous threads I have ever seen.

So if we took Barsnley and Chelsea, had them play at the same time, on the same pitch, with the same players, same weather conditions etc etc you would expect barnsley to win because they did the first time.

This is no different to people losing a match and then restarting the game 6 times until they win, why is it so ridiculous that if you restart it and lose but if you restart it after a loss and you win then that's perfectly acceptable. icon_rolleyes.gif

I seriously wonder about some people on these forums.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maestro malone:

I don't know what to do here. The thing is, this shouldn't even be a tough game. If I play on, I can't help but feel morale will be down and I will be sent on a losing streak, with tough fixtures up ahead. Which I would accept, had I not ALREADY WON THIS MATCH ONCE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you reload every game. Your AI managers should be given chance to beat you, if things didn't go their way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

This is one of the most ridiculous threads I have ever seen.

So if we took Barsnley and Chelsea, had them play at the same time, on the same pitch, with the same players, same weather conditions etc etc you would expect barnsley to win because they did the first time.

This is no different to people losing a match and then restarting the game 6 times until they win, why is it so ridiculous that if you restart it and lose but if you restart it after a loss and you win then that's perfectly acceptable. icon_rolleyes.gif

I seriously wonder about some people on these forums. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can "seriously wonder" about me all you like, I stick with what I said. Yes, I understand the logic that my win could have been the fluke, but my two counter arguments are:

1) I'm Man City and came 4th in my first season, well above Newcastle who came about 10th. First game of the season. I was at home. I was the favourite to win. There is no great explanation as to why I should have been heavily beaten. But whether that is the case or not, my main points is...

2) If I won the match once, I deserve to win the damn match. The above poster described it as "things not going my way" and implied that I was childish. I'd say the game freezing when I'm about to beat the AI is a little more than "things not going my way". I do not want to lose a game that I have already won, because that's just silly. If this game is going to mess up while I'm succeeding at it, then the least I deserve is the win that I would have had, in my honest opinion. And I seriously worry about anyone who can't see the logic behind that.

If anyone is interested, I eventually won 2-1, on about the 6th or 7th attempt and carried on with my season as normal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

When all else fails, use FMM. If you won the game, FMM should help you out quite fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All apologies for being so behind everything (and off topic) but what exactly is FMM?!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maestro malone:

1) I'm Man City and came 4th in my first season, well above Newcastle who came about 10th. First game of the season. I was at home. I was the favourite to win. There is no great explanation as to why I should have been heavily beaten. But whether that is the case or not, my main points is...

2) If I won the match once, I deserve to win the damn match. The above poster described it as "things not going my way" and implied that I was childish. I'd say the game freezing when I'm about to beat the AI is a little more than "things not going my way". I do not want to lose a game that I have already won, because that's just silly. If this game is going to mess up while I'm succeeding at it, then the least I deserve is the win that I would have had, in my honest opinion. And I seriously worry about anyone who can't see the logic behind that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never argued that you didn't deserve to win the match, I genuinely think you do. My issue is with your inference that because you won the match once, you should easily win it again. Position in league means nothing, and saying that because you're 4th and they are 10th just adds fuel to my counter argument.

Perhaps they are a bogey team, Man Utd have suffered bad results at Boro and Blackburn a number of times over the last few seasons, Arsenal also struggle with Boro and Chelsea with Bolton.

Like I said I have no problem with the logic that you should win the match because it wasn't your fault that it froze, but I do have a problem with someone saying that it is a problem with a game. That's just absolutely ridiculous.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PJ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

When all else fails, use FMM. If you won the game, FMM should help you out quite fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All apologies for being so behind everything (and off topic) but what exactly is FMM?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Football Manager Modifier

Does exactly what it says in the name, modifies football manager~!!!

I had almost the same thing happen to me the other day.

Im managing 2 teams on one save and so I had loaded the save and had won twice with one team and won one and drew one with the other.

but then I was multi-tasking and had loads of windows open and had like a dozen webpages or something open and then they froze so I tried to close it from the task screen but it didnt respond so I tried several more times since I had a good game going and not saved yet.

Anyways I decided to restart the computer since I got impatient after half an hour or so.

I restarted the game but had to retry it several times, it was so tedious, I wouldnt normally have to reload so often but since Im managing 2 teams I had to get the results just right.

I actually got good results the fisrt couple of times since the one team always won and but the other tied the first match, which I should have been happy about but since my one striker had been so hot and had scored a double in the begynning but then we played a scoreless game I was sure if I replayed it again he would score at least once on the next replay.

My striker kept on scoring and we either tied or won but my other team which previously had been hot and had like a 20 match unbeaten run and on first place lost in nearly every reload as before they were invincible and all conquerable.

I had to replay until we won again as it seems the game has this algorhytm and it had obviously changed its it suddenly for my one team so I had to get it back. I normally wouldnt mind and I wondered if it was all worth it but I mean it could be the difference between winning the league or maybe mid-table mediocrity.

So I don't save. I re-load. I try again. I get thrashed again. I must have re-loaded five times now and every time, my team gets beaten. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the lesson is: If at first you don't succeed, cheat.

You lost the match. Deal with it! Or will you reload the game when you lose or draw again?

Some people that have replied to this thread are dicks.

It's not like he lost the first one and is repeating until he wins.

He WON the game originally, and then it randomly froze. He deserves that win, FM robbed him of it.

If he lost the first time and kept re-loading to get a win, that would be a pathetic. There is a big difference.

He didn't win the first game. It froze at 88 mins. The other team could have scored 2 or 3 in the last 5-7 minutes.

He has replayed several times, and lost every time. That indicates the good result in the unfinished first match was a fluke. He obviously aren't able to repeat it. Hence he loses. He doesn't like that. So he has decided to cheat himself to a win he probably didn't deserve, nor get.

It's cheating no matter how you twist and turn it around. He should have reloaded the game, played the match, and taken whatever result came his way. In the long run it wouldn't have mattered one iota (most likely), and he would have progressed a lot more than he currently has.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">likely), and he would have progressed a lot more than he currently has. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He didn't win the first game. It froze at 88 mins. The other team could have scored 2 or 3 in the last 5-7 minutes.

He has replayed several times, and lost every time. That indicates the good result in the unfinished first match was a fluke. He obviously aren't able to repeat it. Hence he loses. He doesn't like that. So he has decided to cheat himself to a win he probably didn't deserve, nor get.

It's cheating no matter how you twist and turn it around. He should have reloaded the game, played the match, and taken whatever result came his way. In the long run it wouldn't have mattered one iota (most likely), and he would have progressed a lot more than he currently has. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to further that note, if it "froze" after 88 mins and you were losing, and you replayed it and won, you wouldnt keep reloading it to make sure you lose would you!

I don't know what to do here. The thing is, this shouldn't even be a tough game. If I play on, I can't help but feel morale will be down and I will be sent on a losing streak, with tough fixtures up ahead. Which I would accept, had I not ALREADY WON THIS MATCH ONCE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look. just for that game, take control of the opposite team as well put the goalkeeper in striker and all people on theirs are attackers then until the 90th minute or whatever play like 2-0 when it is 2-0 change the tactics back to normal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stokes_83:

call bill gates and complain </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG!!!!!!!!

So lame, yet you cant help but laugh!!

Archived