Bloody Villa!

Right, they tonked me away in the League Cup, I scraped a draw at home in the league and now I'm (a) to them in the league. HELP!

The situation is perilous, as it's the beginning of March, I'm 2 pts clear at the top of the league...but Torres is now out for a month and the team are having a bit of a wobble.

Here's my current starting XI (Liverpool):

Reina

Johnson / Carragher / Agger / Insua

Giovinco / Mascherano / Lucas / Di Maria

Gerrard / Van Nistelrooy

Cavalieri

Skrtel

Plessis

Aquilani

Cole (Carlton)

Obasi

Vicente

Gerrard is emergency striker, as I have no-one else quick or to work in a support role! (he's playing as deep lying forward, support). RVN is Target Man (Attack). Having been tutored by Gerrard, Lucas is really coming on leaps and bounds and Aquilani, having now fully recovered from injury and blending well is really pushing for a start.

I play 4-4-2, pressing more and playing short game.

Def - Johnson & Insua on automatic, Skrtel / Carra straight CB and Agger ball-playing.

Mid - Giovinco & Di Maria wingers (attack) Masch ball-winner, Lucas or Aquilani Adv playmaker (support)

Fwd - RVN or Cole Target (attack), Gerrard deep lying fwd (support).

Team strategy - Balanced & standard (a) Balanced & attacking (h).

Help!

Cheers.

GET IN!!!!

I actually listened to Sammy Lee! It's made me rethink my plan to replace him as my assistant, at the end of the season.

Played 4-5-1, slowed tempo right down (to knacker their little fast ones out - they play a very closing game)....and very wide.

Reina

Johnson / Skrtel / Agger / Insua

Plessis

Lucas / Gerrard

Obasi / Di Maria

Van Nistelrooy

Obasi & RVN had blinders, Carra came on for Plessis and was a solid anchor, Johnson came on and scored first goal for club...

4-0!!

:-)

Archived