rangers and celtic

Start a new game.

And Rangers, i havent played them on 10.2 yet not a new game anyway and that had modifications to their finances but on 10.1 where quite tough without any money although listen to the scouts and management and you should get by.

A chuck of that dept was cleared through that horendous CL campain i believe and now no players must be sold. Although the transfer kitty is still out as we have been told no money will be spent.

an absolute ridiculous situation for one of the worlds best supported clubs. somebody somewhere has a hell of a lot of answering to do over rangers dodgy financial situation.

its hard to believe tore andre flo was their highest transfer fee paid. hes retired since!

I started new game with Rangers on patch 10.2 and they have no debt and 4.3 million transfer kitty which i found strange as they do have debt

you must have struck lucky I started a new game with them and still have the debt and no transfer budget and not allowed to splash cash on wages either, had to offer sol campbell a key player role to afford his £3,000 weekly wage

an absolute ridiculous situation for one of the worlds best supported clubs. somebody somewhere has a hell of a lot of answering to do over rangers dodgy financial situation.

its hard to believe tore andre flo was their highest transfer fee paid. hes retired since!

As a Rangers fan, i completly agree with this, and i think alot of it comes down to the era that Advocaat had mixed with the over spending of the 9 in a row squad. However its still hard to believe that the worlds most sucessful club is in such a serious amount of dept to the extent they can no longer spend, having said that it has given the likes of Danny Wilson and John Fleck a chance, which can only be good for the long term although i cant see them staying at Rangers past 21.

you must have struck lucky I started a new game with them and still have the debt and no transfer budget and not allowed to splash cash on wages either, had to offer sol campbell a key player role to afford his £3,000 weekly wage

Yes i must of been lucky. And the chairman is Willie McBride not Alistair Johnstone

Please Mr Arabian/Russian Billionaire... please buy us and take us into a North Atlantic League...!!!

Its the only chance we have now of flexing our huge european muscles and bringing the days of Laudrup, Gascoigne, De Boer and Kanchelskis and the likes back to Ibrox.

Please...!?!!

Please Mr Arabian/Russian Billionaire... please buy us and take us into a North Atlantic League...!!!

Its the only chance we have now of flexing our huge european muscles and bringing the days of Laudrup, Gascoigne, De Boer and Kanchelskis and the likes back to Ibrox.

Please...!?!!

lol, although having said this i agree with on point we need players like Laudrup and Gascoigne back. de Boer and Kanchelskis IMO never performed to the best at Rangers.

Although personally speaking id prefer a Rangers fan with the money of Abramovich to buy us over.

Are there any?..... no, ok Russian Rangers fan will do..!

Will be blue nose in those tempratures!!!lol

lol. Very true. Having said that, although not quite the money of Abramovich that King guy from South Africa has a bit of money and is a Rangers man through and throguh.

My chairman Willie McBride says willing to remain at the club.

Sounds a bit wierd, expessially since he isnt chirman at the start, was this a modified database in anyway?

lol. Very true. Having said that, although not quite the money of Abramovich that King guy from South Africa has a bit of money and is a Rangers man through and throguh.

Sounds a bit wierd, expessially since he isnt chirman at the start, was this a modified database in anyway?

No it's not been modified. I just downloaded patch 10.2 and started a new game using the 10.2 update database and that what i got.

Guest Shogizzle

Im playing as Rangers just now, im midway thru january in the first season and im well top of the league (played 20, won 15 drawn 5 lost 0) and finished 2nd in my champions league group. Sold Pedro Mendes to Zenit st Petersburg for £6m which was great and havent found it necessary to spend any money yet although i will be replacing Bougherra soon (Mathias Jorgensen - Copenhagen) as he wants to leave. Also quite fancy signing Adriano from Flamengo who i could get for £4m but he's available on bosman soon so may wait and try to get him for nothing. Anyway i use a 4-5-1 with this line up

Mcgregor

Whittaker - Bougherra - Wilson - Papac

Edu

Davis - Thomson

Novo Beasley

Boyd

Subs - Alexander, Smith, Broadfoot, Ness, Shinnie, Fleck, Naismith.

Beat Sevilla at home with this and only lost away as they got 2 pens!!!!

Can provide screenshots as proof but not sure how to do so.

A chuck of that dept was cleared through that horendous CL campain i believe and now no players must be sold. Although the transfer kitty is still out as we have been told no money will be spent.

According to some of the stories I've been reading the club are still in debt to the tune of 31m and thats why Walter Smith and Sally McCoist are working without a contract. There scared that if a new director comes in and sacks either or both of them then it'll cost the club a fortune that they dont have.

Guest Shogizzle
According to some of the stories I've been reading the club are still in debt to the tune of 31m and thats why Walter Smith and Sally McCoist are working without a contract. There scared that if a new director comes in and sacks either or both of them then it'll cost the club a fortune that they dont have.

I wonder how many clubs have staff who are so loyal and genuinely care about the greater good of the club to go through with this sort of arrangement?

I'd wager there are very few who would put their own career and financial interests second to that of their team. Just goes to show what it really means to be Rangers man.

but if they gettaken over the debt would be gone.

From what ive heard in papers and news aswell as a fan club that gets direct information from the club (which may all be incorrect i admit) they are both working out of contract (which means they will get paid just not alot) and this means that when the new owner comes in, should he/she wish to do so he wouldnt have to pay Smith, McCoist and McDowall any compensation to leave the club, therefore supposedly increaseing the sale value (not sure how that works myself).

What do you mean "he's retired since" ?

He left Rangers in 2002 and played for another 7 years - it's not like he retired as soon as he left us.

Had a good scoring record for us as well. 40 goals in 80 odd games. I always thought he got a lot of unfair criticism - the price tag and all the media hype was just too much to live up to. Rangers spent many more millions on far worse players before and after Flo (and they still will with Walter.

but if they gettaken over the debt would be gone.

Unless this has changed in the 10.2 patch then not all takeovers result in your debts being cleared. I've managed clubs in the past in various versions of the game where they've been taken over and the debt isn't always cleared.

Archived