"Player sees no point in adapting game" - This is really frustrating!

Then tell me what the **** you want to do then instead of me asking you to learn PPM. Tell me what PPM you want to learn.

How about that for next game?

The player gives me a list of PPM he is willing to learn, as well as this, we also have a list of PPM I want him to learn. Would be far easier then getting that reply of said move not being beneficial.

Also can SI please fix the media tab under player profile. It records your interactions with player but some reason it sometimes deletes it every year? Not sure why it is doing that.

Alex Ferguson tells Nani "Stop shooting long shots"

Nani answers "I see no point in that"

Alex Ferguson throws shoe in Nani's face...

to be fair if he stopped doing he would probably lose the 1 thing that makes him a decent player to have!

Then tell me what the **** you want to do then instead of me asking you to learn PPM. Tell me what PPM you want to learn.

How about that for next game?

The player gives me a list of PPM he is willing to learn, as well as this, we also have a list of PPM I want him to learn. Would be far easier then getting that reply of said move not being beneficial.

Also can SI please fix the media tab under player profile. It records your interactions with player but some reason it sometimes deletes it every year? Not sure why it is doing that.

no.

it doesnt work like that.

you need to watch the matches and, if you have any particular observations in regards to how a player is addapting to your playing style, you can ask him specifically what you want.

the feature is not there to have all players training on random special playing styles.

if you have a player who refuses to addapt his play style, you can put up with it or transfer him. ive transfer one player already for this reason and got another one more to my liking.

As for the title and original point - I fully agree that it's stupid. I expect my players to do as they're damn well told, simple.

If they try and it doesn't work out for them after time, then fair enough, but when they say they "see no point...." I just want to poke them in the eye with a rusty butter knife.

Exactly. Can you imagine for a second if a top player refused to do a Premiership manager's bidding? Definitely something SI should look at - they should have no choice.

I don't think that's a bug or otherwise something SI needs to look at - more an indication the player has low professionalism.

I guess on the other end of the spectrum if you would ask for instance Thierry Henry to adopt certain styles in his game I can fully understand he feels very little need to change it so late in his playing years.

There are frustrating examples tho, like wingers not willing to learn run with ball or dribble down flank (any). With young players it is kinda easy to get them to learn the right stuff however, by tutoring him with the player possesing the right PPM's.

I do understand the frustration, as I have sold a player before as well if he didn't adapt to my liking or simply refused to learn/unlearn something. I guess some players, just like managers, have a big ego and refuse to adapt or are simply incapable of doing so. Argues with officials for instance seems like something deeply imbedded in their passionate brains. Something I can agree on if they would not unlearn it (frustrating but not so strange).

Players are not robots able to be programmed, they are people with quirks and preferences. The older they get the more they have moved into a certain state of mind. Just like you and me :p

OK I understand everyones point.

How about this solution. There are 20 PPMs lets say when I interact with player A, player gives me a % on each PPM he would like to learn. The higher the % the higher chance he will learn?

Because I am stick of tell my winger to learn dribble down the right when he has all the attributes for it, speed, dibbling, balance, very strong right foot.

What is more annoying and I am not sure why this happens. When you tell a player to learn something he comes with he doesn't see it as beneficial then when I go the interaction screen the ppm options are all gone. LIKE WTF?

Alex Ferguson tells Nani "Stop shooting long shots"

Nani answers "I see no point in that"

Alex Ferguson throws shoe in Nani's face...

Liverpool. Tom Huddlestone. I took over from Benitez and he was there - not a bad player really so I've kept him on for the mean time as a sub. He could be more than a sub, if it wasn't for his dreadful long shots. And they are shocking.

So, I pulled him to one side in training and said "Hello Tom, don't reckon you could be a good chappy and stop ****ing shooting from 45 yards? Only we've got Cardozo + Torres up front and I'd really rather you craftily slipped deft, perfectly weighted through balls to them instead of whacking the ball into the sky every time you receive it. Cheers lad".

Now, in a real situation Huddlestone would stop hitting the ball from distance after the manager has a quick word with him. End of. Yet every time I ask him to stop shooting he tells me to shove my "no long shots" up Dossena's backside and forget it - utterly ridiculous IMO.

In real life I'd say "Thomas, stop shooting from long range". He'd say "Alright gaffa" and it'd be done. Or he's got OCD - either way, something's wrong with him as he simply can't get it into his head that shooting from distance is useless. :mad:

I don't think that's a bug or otherwise something SI needs to look at - more an indication the player has low professionalism.

I never said it was a big, moreover I believe SI have simply got this one wrong. There should be no debate from the players when you ask them to learn a PPM. Even if I ask my GK to learn 'runs with ball down the right' I expect them to do it. Totally illogical, yes, and I'd never ask him. But if I did, I'd expect him to do as he's bloody well told.

Another suggestion I would like to make how about when we ask someone to fun down the flank and he refuses can it not be greyed out so we know we've asked him that already? Would make things simple when choosing.

But yes I agree with how stupid it is. Currently have a winger he doesn't want to cut inside or hug the wing, doesnt want to make forward runs. Funny tho when I set him as a winger he flys up and down the wing like a cat that just had its tail stamped on.

Yes i think its completely dumb that they actually tell me they don't see a point in adapting their game. I'm the manager and i should be given the option to force the player to learn the move or he can end up training with the U18 lads until his contract expires.

One thing to keep in mind tho is that it is still only a preferred move. It is not like players will only do stuff covered by a PPM if they have it learned. It plays a role in the chance he will or will not act like that. Just with long shots and "shoots from range" where the player has an extra drive to try it on top of tactical settings. Wingers will run forward and cross and cut inside even without any PPM.

Archived