Always refusing parent club?

Im playin in the BSN as i fancied a challenge, and i feel that havin a parent club were u can loan players can be a big help as you can get some quality players in that you otherwise wouldn't be able to get, and can also give you a bigger squad without having to fork out for wages.

Because of this, i make this the first thing i do, yet every single time i ask the board, they come back and see they "simply dont see the point in creating links with any other clubs at this time"... now i dont understand, how would it not be beneficial to create links with a larger club, whom would attract a decent gate reciept pre-season in friendlies, but also provide players on loan to help my depleted squad? Does anybody know if there is certain criteria which a club must meet in order to successfully find a parent club, or factors which make a club less likely to find one? Thanks.

I was about to start a thread on parent clubs, but maybe i'll stick it in here instead.

I'm playing as Greenock Morton (my team, starting in the Scottish 1st Division) and took them up to the SPL at the first attempt. Woo me I hear you say.

Anyway, when I went up I lost my parent club because we were now in the same division (Rangers or Celtic usually, much of a muchness) which of course makes sense.

Well, I'm not allowed to even ask for a parent club now because 'the board doesn't feel that the club should be a feeder to another club and won't entertain the notion' or whatever the text says. Fair enough if you're a decent sized club, and I guess kudos to the board for thinking that we're big enough to only be the parent in these relationships...but that's a bit silly as I'm sure there's other SPL clubs who are 'feeders' for the likes of Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea, or at least they used to be - I haven't checked on FM10.

In fact on FM08 I eventually became Man U manager and I had Motherwell as a fairly useful feeder as the SPL was running as an active league so my youngsters got decent match practice.

So, is it just that as Morton I'm a bit small to have a bigger club wanting me as a feeder, and that's the way the game tells me? I'm not expecting a top four EPL club, but surely a mid-table team in the EPL or La Liga would benefit from having me as a feeder team, and I'd definitely benefit from loaning their good youngsters - and surely the board would appreciate the yearly fee from such a team?

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had similar experiences or is a decent sized club who has a parent club?

Thanks, its ncie to hear other people are suffering the same! Iv'e put my home team (runcorn linnets) into the BSN and really strugglin so a few loan players would of gone a long way, but i managed to finish 14th and second season now im top after 5 games!

Aw083, i could of done this, and in all honesty did consider it when i was puttin runcorn into the league but, it kind of feels to me like its cheatin in a way, manipulating the game really because your more likely to succeed with liverpool as a parent club as opposed to not havin one... hell i wont complain if i get one anyway! I think your right about the chairman though, i went through a takeover, got a new director as the chairman and got wigan athletic as a parent clubm but obviously its no use cos im that crap none of the players will dare step foot in the team, but its a start anyway!

Edinton, my friend was qpr and got promoted a few seasons in and as soon as he did he lost his parent club either arsenal or spurs or somebody like that, he got away with it because obviously theyv got loads of money but i do agree it is a but useless... is there any real life examples of this? I would suspect that arsenal and cardiff have good relations, but its hard to say if its to the level of parent/feeder club.

Archived