Are you struggling tactically with 10.2

Coop

I've been the better team in every game but still lie in 8th place in the SPL with Rangers. My strikers just cannot score a one on one against the opposition goalkeepers. I had a laugh in the last game when my CF's shot was saved, picked up by his partner whose first time shot was again saved, only to rebound to the original player whose shot was saved yet again. What a keeper!!

I'm not complaining, it keeps the game fresh. It's time for me to try a different ploy. Try and error as always. If I stay in my job long enouh I'll crack it as I always do.

How are you getting on tactically?

I'm doing good really.tweaked my ex-tactic a little which was unstoppable before the patch

managing Roma now,didnt make big transfers also had lots of injured players at the start

played 13,won 9,drawn4

scored 35,conceded 6

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2053/asromaw.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4639/asroma2.jpg

Yeah, I'm playing a 442 with all default except shorter passes. My targetman, advanced forward combo just isn't working. The ad fwd hasn't scored in 940 minutes. I do get a ton of goals from my mids now though.

Yeah, I'm playing a 442 with all default except shorter passes. My targetman, advanced forward combo just isn't working. The ad fwd hasn't scored in 940 minutes. I do get a ton of goals from my mids now though.

With 2 strikers, you want one of them to fall back as support.

Whenever a new patch comes out for whatever version, I find the best thing is to delete all my old tactics and start again. Just tweaking old ones never works for me.

Now I'm 15 games into a new season 13 wins, 2 draws. 27 scored, 5 conceded. So not massive wins, averaging 2 and a bit goals a game, although in that there are a few 1-0s and some 4-1s, so in all I'm enjoying it. It's not easy, either. Really digging in for some games.

EG, playing Chelsea away, 0-0 on 85 mins, they've had 20 shots to my 7 (8-2 on target). I used the "pump ball into box" shout-out and won it on 89 mins.

So it's very rewarding when you get it right. And the shout-outs are more important than ever.

Doing okay. It seems you can't get as much success without mixing it up a bit now - ie. previously I'd aim to largely play counter attacks through the middle and end up with 1 on 1s and neat passing in the middle, but now I'm getting more success with width and mixing it up and probing, and then longer route-one passes when I need a goal.

Archived