Deloay when click continue

This may have been touched on already and I apologise if it has been, but I have had a delay ever since installing the game when I click continue of a few seconds before it starts to process, it has improved slightly since installing the new patch but still a delay, has anyone else experienced this?

Is this just me experiencing it I would be fairly concerned if it was, in fact it was fairly stupid of me to leave it until now to mention it maybe.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am running the game on my Toshiba laptop with 3gb ram 1.66 GHz processor on vista, and aside from this slight annoyance the game runs perfectly including 3d match engine so surely the species of the system can't have much to do with it?

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Your CPU is pretty slow and combined with Vista I'd say that's almost certainly your problem. You have to expect the odd delay but with your rig, it's probably as good as it's going to get.

I see, that's strange because last years game I had no problems with delay with the dual core processor but could not run 3d match engine, this year I can run the 3d match engine with no problems what so ever, but there's a delay when continuing really confusing. Whats confusing even more is that the problem has improved patch after patch.

Also I did not have this problem with the demo, but I guess I will just have to grin and bear it.

Noticed this straight away. Not sure why, as you say its only a few seconds and you sit there and think "Did I actually click continue?"

I think for FM09 there was no lag after clicking continue..but then the "processing" seemed slower. In F1010 you click continue and then there is a lag...but the "processing" seems faster.

If that makes any sort of sense :)

Noticed this straight away. Not sure why, as you say its only a few seconds and you sit there and think "Did I actually click continue?"

I think for FM09 there was no lag after clicking continue..but then the "processing" seemed slower. In F1010 you click continue and then there is a lag...but the "processing" seems faster.

If that makes any sort of sense :)

Well that makes me feel a bit better that its not just me, Yes I have noticed it processes faster and you are right I am often left thinking did I actually press continue.

We are aware of a 'random slowdown' which sometimes happens. Some people have found that deleting their cache has helped:

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4455398&postcount=29

Let me know if this helps at all, thanks.

Thanks for that :) Improved mine too. I also found a few hidden FM09 files & FM10 demo file that i could delete.

Archived