Playing Online needs to be better

Its just not fast enough. The game hardly moves on deadline day and pre season is quiet slow to. Is there anyway on the next version you can stop this 15 mins or 1 hour crap everytime you press continue and make it more online friendly?

• Administrators

Well I'd suggest if it's running that slow it has something to do with the connections for the game, the hosts computer and the fact too many leagues may be loaded. We've played an office network and it flies through.

I host the game Kev is talking about. My connection is 20MB, I run about 30 leagues on a single player game (This online game has English only L2+). It's not so much the fact of the connection but more that the game only continues 15 minutes at a time, we've asked for there to be an option for years where it only stops a set number of times per day. It's just so tedious having to push continue 20+ times on a single day

• Administrators

Oh right, sorry I get you now. I'd suggest having 'force continue'/advance when % of players ready on, but yeah, can understand where you're coming from here. Will bring this up and we'll look into it.

I agree, for online play it is incredibly tedious especially during transfer windows. Again, PC has 4GB of RAM in it, dual core 3.8Ghz processors and FM is the only application being used via the internet other than MSN messenger which is of no real consequence to my net performance, despite having a 20MB connection as well.

Single player mode, got about 120,000 players loaded, some 16/17 leagues and it breezes through. Online it takes a lot longer to process just English leagues and 35,000 players. But something does need doing for transfer windows because quite often if one or both of us is negotiating we have to do 6am - midnight in 15/30 minute increments and the summer transfer window with august fixtures and such will often take 6/7 hours alone to do.

Pretty much all of us watching the thread. We already use the 10% of users have continued 30 second timer, but even this isn't enough to speed things up as stopping every 15 minutes in-game time still takes an age to complete a day and transfer windows are a crying nightmare. An option to set the number of stops per day is what we need.

I'd suggest having 'force continue'/advance when % of players ready on

We already have this on what should be the fastest possible way of doing it. However it still advances 15 minutes each time. It is still quite bad when not in the transfer window. Need an option for "number of stops per day".

Would make it less realistic, but would make a huge difference for larger online games.

I find it more unrealistic that a manager would sit there and say "there is nothing else to do but wait 2-3 days whilst these transfer deals are sorted now" only to come back every 15 minutes thereafter - and again saying it to the news that something miniscule has happened in the world of football. During transfer windows managers do have to take training, and from that perspective the players would get about 12 minutes training an hour whilst the manager goes back and forth between his office and training ground lol.

Archived