Bit of a contradiction in premier league records

It's not a major point, but I noticed the premier league records are in some parts taking into account all the history of the domestic top flight (which they right should imo) with Liverpool as the highest time winners yet in other aspects such as oldest player, seasons highest goalscorer etc are only inclusive of the premiership era. It should really be one way or the other and include records from the old division 1, such as the league titles Liverpool have amassed and then other records like Sir Stanley Matthews being the oldest top flight player just over 50 - or Man Utd should be in as the all-time highest winners and Burridge retaining his spot in the records.

It's not a major point, but I noticed the premier league records are in some parts taking into account all the history of the domestic top flight (which they right should imo) with Liverpool as the highest time winners yet in other aspects such as oldest player, seasons highest goalscorer etc are only inclusive of the premiership era. It should really be one way or the other and include records from the old division 1, such as the league titles Liverpool have amassed and then other records like Sir Stanley Matthews being the oldest top flight player just over 50 - or Man Utd should be in as the all-time highest winners and Burridge retaining his spot in the records.

Yeah, agreed. Atm its kind of a "hybrid" records screen, I'd like it to be one way or the other, although after a few seasons, my Liverpool team have usually got all the "good" records anyways!

the records are not a high point of this game.

As I said, its not a major point but it would be nice to see it sorted and either inclusive of old Division 1 records, or just of the premiership era.

Archived