Offering players out, way to go :/

Fair enough I get annoyed at teams not really fnacying my ageing striker who is on 60k pw but you've went a bit overboard trying to fix it no?

I'm Sunderland in season 1 and 17th with 2 games to go, despite being awful it doesn't stop a host of European giants chasing my players.

Anton Ferdinand being fought over by Milan and Bayern for £7.5m.

Keiran Richardson got a host of top European clubs bidding £5m for him.

Lorik Cana has Madrid bidding £6m.

Malbranque has Bayern bidding £5m.

Players you couldn't shift for peanuts before all going for a few million. Some of them not even played regularly for a relegation threatened side. Wp

This is online, other players in the game getting ridiculous offers too.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does seem a bit too extreme in the other direction from how it previously was, but it's not quite as ridiculous as on past occasions. What concerns me though is not the amount of interest or the fees, but the amount of it from big clubs - ie. top clubs being interested in pretty average players.

Real Madrid offered me Gago for £0.

Why release a game that doesn't work properly?

That sounds completely unrelated. :confused:

Maybe he was unhappy and/or not playing and they wanted to flog him quickly? (It's not like they need the money although perhaps £0 is a bit extreme..)

On my single player game with patch 10.1.1 I couldn't get an offer for Bentley at £6m, all of a sudden with patch 10.2.0 I was getting £9.5m for him from Barcelona, Juventus and Man Utd or which he chose Juve.

Hmmm that definately doesn't sound right. Do you have a save from before the bids are made?

Hmmm that definately doesn't sound right. Do you have a save from before the bids are made?

Not just before, but I've got a save that's about a month before, will offer him out again and see if I get the same bids. Wont be able to till later tonight though as I'm involved in this 20 player FMO.

Just got a bid of £5.25m for Hibbert from OM, and he was valued at about £2m at the time having barely played all season. Previously I was offering him for £0 and getting no bids.

I also had major problems offering Hibbert out for £0 in my single player save in the previous patch. It's gone way too far the other way now. Patch 10.2 :thdn:

"right on my patched Shakthar game, I offered out a 32 year old CB from my reserves who was worth £22k for £1m, and I got over 20 bids."

Someone talking in our chat during the online game that doesn't post here

Well, if it was Yezerskiy I understand because he is awesome :D

Is this in the first season?

Do you have a save game that you oculd upload to the FTP?

It happens at the start of the game I just started a new game and now i can get 10m offers for him. The more I up his asking price the more teams pay. Also man united willing to pay virtually anything for cahill although he is a top player

the bids to go a bit OTT

For Burnley I signed Grandin, Namouchi and Mota on free's at the start of the first season. Barely played them and sold Grandin for £5.5 mil, Namouchi for £7.5 mil and Mota for £7.5 mil. I also got £5.5 mil for Eagles.

Has anyone else noticed that the fans get upset when you sell players, who are back ups or crap youngsters. I sold Bikey for £5 mil in the second season (first season I put him out on loan). He only played 5 games, got injured in the first 5 mins in one game and then got sent off 3 times in 4 matches and the fans got upset with me for selling him. I was jumping for joy that got anything for this clown. Funny thing he got sent off in his second game for them and got a 6 match ban lol

In my Sunderland save (first season) I couldn't get any offers for Richardson, Murphy or Healy.

Post patch I sold Richardson to Arsenal for 6m, who was relieved to move because of a lack of first team opportunities for me. I have no idea how he's going to get them at Arsenal. This is the over the top transfer of the three.

Murphy and Healy offers were accepted for 3m and 1.6m from QPR and Newcastle respectively. Sounds realistic enough and I was well chuffed with that, except Murphy demanded 23k p/w of his 25k p/w of his contract to be paid by us until it is due to end and Healy demanded the 19.25k difference in wages from his current 25k p/w contract with us.

The Richardson offer is clearly unrealistic, and as for the other two, I think I'll just have to pay a hitman to take them out and get them off my wage bill. Might only cost a weeks wages a piece.

Oh and as for the pee poor Roy O'Donovan - no club will take him off my hands for free, so there are still some limits at least.

That's fine, i'll have a look at it when I get into work tomorrow morning. Cheers

Uploaded the save as "Spurs Bentley 9.5m.fm". Click once, maybe twice and you'll get bids of £9.5m from Man Utd and Barcelona along with a few realistic offers.

Examples would really help out here. And any games from before offers you think are especially odd that could be uploaded to the FTP would be much appreciated

It's easy enough to recreate ...

Start a new game as Fulham, offer out Toni Kallio (yeah, who?) for 1.5mil and watch the offers come rolling in from Fiorentina, Porto, Lyon, Athletico Madrid, Palermo etc etc ... this is for a player whose not made a single competitive start for Fulham since joining in 2007, is 31 and is in the last year of his contract.

Way to go on the testing SI !

• Administrators
My preference is still the system in 10.1 over 10.2. Not perfect, but more realistic and challenging. The new version seems to make things overtly easy.

We're looking into this, but in fairness there is a 'workaround' for this which is pretty simple. Only offer players out for values you feel they are worth.

It does seem a bit too extreme in the other direction from how it previously was, but it's not quite as ridiculous as on past occasions. What concerns me though is not the amount of interest or the fees, but the amount of it from big clubs - ie. top clubs being interested in pretty average players.

S.I trying to give off the impression that they've "fixed it"

We're looking into this, but in fairness there is a 'workaround' for this which is pretty simple. Only offer players out for values you feel they are worth.

IMO it's not the values, but rather the type of teams that come in, and the shear number of them.

For instance, pre 10.2 I would offer out Toni Kallio for £1.5mil and would get the likes of Sheff Utd interested (which couldn't be anymore realistic given he's currently on loan there IRL) but now I'm getting Porto, Fiorentina, Athletico Madrid etc making offers. Why would these big reputation teams playing in the Champions League want to buy a 31 year old Championship player at best, especially when most of them already have several defenders that are not considered first team players ?

-Mic

Haven't experienced any problems with this so far, it's a huge improvement on the last patch, where it was almost impossible to even give players away for free. Much better now. I haven't been getting huge offers either, seems to be either about their value or sometimes you have to offer them out for slightly less to get any bids. If you do offer them out for slightly more than their value you get far less bids for most players (obviously for top players you will get more bids, which makes sense).

Good work here :thup:

S.I trying to give off the impression that they've "fixed it"

SI trying to overcompensate for the fact that a small minority melodramatically whinge and over exagerate the minor issues I fear. I thought it was pretty good as it was previously, but not now.

It's happened before. Too many injuries for some in the past -> too few in the next patch. etc. :(

I do wonder what the testers are doing tbh. All starting as Man Utd and Chelsea? :confused: I'd love to test again. :(

Having said that, the ME and condition thing are much improved, although LLM seems very painful to watch..

Surely £9.5m is about right for Bentley? In real-life he joined Tottenham for £17m last year, sure, he hasn't been playing regularly, but there's no way they'd let him move without recouping at least £8-10m. The only thing questionable is the fact European giants want him and not more top 10 kinda teams, like Villa/Everton etc and their foreign equivalents.

On my single player game with patch 10.1.1 I couldn't get an offer for Bentley at £6m, all of a sudden with patch 10.2.0 I was getting £9.5m for him from Barcelona, Juventus and Man Utd or which he chose Juve.

I too thought the game was fine before the patch - still not installed 10.2 - was going to do it tonight?! :confused:

I could defend like a peach on the old patch and hardly conceded any long shots....now I hear some people are finding it a maire to score.........buttons are unresponsive......goalies are too good.....transfers are unrealistic.

I just hope that if/when I install the new patch I again dont have a problem with these so called issues.

I too thought the game was fine before the patch - still not installed 10.2 - was going to do it tonight?! :confused:

I could defend like a peach on the old patch and hardly conceded any long shots....now I hear some people are finding it a maire to score.........buttons are responsive......goalies are too good.....transfers are unrealistic.

I just hope that if/when I install the new patch I again dont have a problem with these so called issues.

I am in no way a fanboy (see any previous posts of mine) but you really should get the patch it is far superior. apart from this offer out issue the game is spot on. It is said the hardest thing to do in football is score goals, most of the 7-2s 8-1s 5-4s 4-4s etc are gone but will occur occasionally, matches are far better, you are much more tactically involved.

All in all this patch is far superior, apart from the issue this thread states.

I am in no way a fanboy (see any previous posts of mine) but you really should get the patch it is far superior. apart from this offer out issue the game is spot on. It is said the hardest thing to do in football is score goals, most of the 7-2s 8-1s 5-4s 4-4s etc are gone but will occur occasionally, matches are far better, you are much more tactically involved.

All in all this patch is far superior, apart from the issue this thread states.

Cheers eddy - I just read your post in my thread and I am just going to go for it I think..

I loved the game before the patch so I just hope I love it even more now?! :D

SI trying to overcompensate for the fact that a small minority melodramatically whinge and over exagerate the minor issues I fear. I thought it was pretty good as it was previously, but not now.

It's happened before. Too many injuries for some in the past -> too few in the next patch. etc. :(

I do wonder what the testers are doing tbh. All starting as Man Utd and Chelsea? :confused: I'd love to test again. :(

Having said that, the ME and condition thing are much improved, although LLM seems very painful to watch..

Me too, what on earth do the testers do? I mean really, how hard can it be? Surely it's a case of a company to say, here you go, play this. When you do play it you point out obvious errors surely? How on earth do they fail to pick up things year after year, things which are spotted after 5 minutes by Joe Bloggs (and all his mates!) at home.

I agree ME is better though, LLM is painful to watch isn't it IRL lol?

In fairness, this really shouldn't be getting released in a patch imo. There was talk last night of pausing our online game to wait for a fix as everyone thinks this is a huge problem. Teams are all set to rake in an absolute fortune for average players going to top european teams.

Personally I think this is the biggest flaw there has been in the last few years. It allows you to basically afford anyone in the game by selling players for inflated prices all the time.

Archived