New FM player with some queries

Bought FM10 about a week ago after being completly dissapointed with CM10.

I've since done one and a half seasons in the Italian Serie C/2 and I am struggling to get to grips with it.

I have noticed that my players dont actually pay any attention at all to my tactics.

I set one of my strikers to be a target man in the bit at the bottom, with the supply to his head. I also changed his role to a supporting target man in his individual instructions.

This to me says that the players should try to play the ball forward to him so that he can flick the ball on to my other striker (set to poacher role).

However all the time I see the midfielders playing the ball into the feet of the target man and he cant do anything with it

Another issue is that my defenders (who are set to long passing) keep passing the ball around the back between them and then losing possession resulting in an attack for the opponents. They also seem to play the ball back to the keeper all of the time, even if they are on the halfway line.

Corners: Is there a trick to corners? In the one and a half seasons I have played I have not scored from one corner. I have got one of the tallest teams in the league (according to the assman) yet no matter who the ball is aimed at they always get beaten even my tall striker (193cm, 14 jumping, 14 heading) gets easily beaten every time.

Penalties: I have won one penalty in the seasons i've played. Yet I seem to conceed them all of the time. Especially form corners for them when it doesn't even look like a penalty. Is there anyway to stop players being as aggressive when in the opposition penalty area?

Form: I don't think that there has been a more inconsistant team in history than mine. I won a game 3-0 and them went on to lose the next 6. This is without changing any tactics at all.

Wage fund: What happens if I spend over my wage budget? I'm currently -332 (down from 1500) wage fund but it still lets me buy players. Don't want to get sacked or anything lol :p

And I think thats it for now, sorry if youv'e answered these a million times

Thanks in advance for any help,

dan_lcfc

Cheers for the reply. Tried this with one loss and one win. Strange theory but if it works then hey ho

Welcome to the world of FM, by the way!

If you're after a proper managerial experience, rather than a naff arcade game, then I'm sure you won't be disappointed with FM.

Best management simulation in the world, ever. FACT*.

*When I say "FACT" what I actually mean is "In my subjective opinion". :)

Best management simulation in the world, ever. FACT*.

I'd second that.

Honestly the best piece of advice I can give you is just to have fun managing whoever you go for and if you get bored of being a top tier team all the time head over to the Challenges, Sign up's and Experiments forum and check out Dafuge's, Rancer's, Razer's or any of the small club to big club challenges in there.

Welcome to the forums

Archived