what have i done to my fm?

quite a long time i tried to change spurs and put them into League 2 and create myself onto the game, this was because i was really bored at the time, when i completed it and saved it. then when i loaded up a new game, it didnt work and spurs were still in the Premier League. so i left it and thought that it didnt work

but yesterday i downloaded the 2nd patch for FM, and then today i have started a new game, and then spurs were in League 2 and myself was on the game. which i found ok as i could now make a save and leave it for when i get bored. so then i went to go into the editor, and it has said that it spurs are in the premier league and it doesnt recognize me doing it, i have loaded up the correct patch so its not that i have no idea how i can change it back.

does anyone know how i can change it, thanks.

quite a long time i tried to change spurs and put them into League 2 and create myself onto the game, this was because i was really bored at the time, when i completed it and saved it. then when i loaded up a new game, it didnt work and spurs were still in the Premier League. so i left it and thought that it didnt work

but yesterday i downloaded the 2nd patch for FM, and then today i have started a new game, and then spurs were in League 2 and myself was on the game. which i found ok as i could now make a save and leave it for when i get bored. so then i went to go into the editor, and it has said that it spurs are in the premier league and it doesnt recognize me doing it, i have loaded up the correct patch so its not that i have no idea how i can change it back.

does anyone know how i can change it, thanks.

I would imagine that this is because you've now got two versions of the database. The original one has Spurs in the Prem and your edited one has them in Lg 2. All you need to do is select the correct database whenever you start a new game or when you open the editor. There should be nothing to worry about, since you shouldn't be able to overwrite the original DB, so whatever happens you can always revert to the official version.

What did you save your db as? I think there is a good post on exactly what you need to do as its not completely obvious, even to seasoned players.

Try a search else post in the editors forum, of course having searched there first

When you select a database at the start of a game there is a check box at the bottom right make sure it is ticked and then you will be taken to a screen to select what database changes you want.

FM10 doesn't save new databases but rather an xml of your changes t hat gets applied. The update probably caused all the xml files you had made to be selected. Just turn it off and the original database will be used.

Hope that made sense and helps.

Archived