How can i fix it?

I am still playing FM09 Because I bought the FM10 but i lost the disc!:@

Anyway, I was playing FM09 on my other computer then the computer broke so when im trying to download it onto my newest computer i get "Cannot Run Game: Failed to set up Graphics system".

I have searched the net and a lot of forums and everyone was saying download some link but i did and it still didnt work. I also seen some people saying get a new graphics driver but it costs.

Any other Solutions to fix the game? Please help!

ThankYou!

Hi DarrenDM

Sorry it didn't solve your problem.

- First of all is your computer branded? Is it a Dell, HP or some other major manufacturer?

Answer: Yes

To do: Read the PRODUCT NUMBER, PRODUCT NAME, SERIAL NUMBER at the back of your computer, write them down and use google to search for the BRAND and PRODUCT NUMBER first like that: “Dell Precision T5500 XP drivers”, you will probably find links to the manufacturers website, look at what you find there but always make sure you download software for your computer (really take care at the PRODUCT NUMBER first, then PRODUCT NAME). The other alternative is to go on the manufacturers website of YOUR region (be careful, some products may have the same PRODUCT NAME in different region but can be made of totally different components) and use the “DOWNLOAD” section of the website to correctly select the right model that matches the computer you have. ALWAYS USE THE MANUFACTURER DRIVERS PACKAGES IF YOUR COMPUTER IS BRANDED!

Answer: No

To do: This is where it goes tough. If your computer is a clone, there are two steps; using the OS to identify your components or open the PC case and write down the components brands, product names and serial number. First (using OS): On the desktop, locate the “My Computer” icon (could be hidden in the “Start” menu depending if your run XP, Vista, W7 and your display options). Right click the icon and select “Manage”, this will open a new window “Computer Management”, on the left pan, locate “Device Manager”, you should now have on the right pan a tree structure with the components in your computer, expand (click on the “+”) the “Display adapters”, here’s your graphic card, write down the name. This could be sufficient but it is not always the case so we’ll go a bit further to really identify the device; right click on the display adapter (you can have more than one, select the first), choose “Properties” and new window will open, at the top of the window, locate the tab “Details” and at the top of the window locate in the drop down list “Device Instance Id”(default), mine looks like this “PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9441……”. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED. The “VEN_xxxx” means “Vendor” and the number is the vendor number (it’s standardized don’t worry), write the number down, then write the number behind “DEV_xxxx”, it should look like this:

VEN= 1002

DEV= 9441

Now using the above information, go to the following link:

http://www.pcidatabase.com/

And use the search tool (you can only search by VEN or DEV, not both), use the DEV first, for me it’s “9441”, and using this criteria the search result is “ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2” and that’s exactly what I have. If you have more than one match, look in the results for the device that matches your VEN id. Done. You know exactly what display device you have, now just use google to search for:

“ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 XP drivers”

Search criteria “Manufacturer” + “Device/Product Name” + “Operating System” + “Software you look for”

You can do that for all the components your see in the “Device Manager” tree, but the display should be enough.

Now the second solution; OPENNING THE PC CASE. Shutdown your computer, remove the power cord, press the “ON/OFF” button a few times to make sure there’s no power, before you touch something in the computer just touch a metal object to make sure there’s no static electricity in you. Unscrew carefully the components; MAINLY the DISPLAY ADAPTER, and write down all you can find written on it, these will be our search criteria in google. Now just search the drivers for your product as shown above.

Hope this helps and good luck

Archived