National manager? Nope, they rather take an unexperienced one...

Joop

So, I applied to be national manager after the job was vacant. I'm world-class and am managing Manchester United. If I was robbed the job by the likes of Frank Rijkaard, Guus Hiddink or that kind of manager, I could understand.

But... the job was given to no-one other then Dolf Roks, an unknown manager with no experience whatsoever... Never managed a team in his life and is only nationaly known. This didn't happen to me in the first patch... What's that all about?

Anyone else had such experience?

I saw Alan Curbishley get the England job once, I quickly gave up the save as all plausibility seemed lost :(

At least we know his name. ;)

The manager on my save who got the job was a game created manager to fill up the gaps.

Well, FM does have something of a reputation for unearthing talent, perhaps in six months young Dolf will be the most famous manager in the world IRL, and this FM2010 dutchland based supremacy was merely the precursor to genuine world domination.

look at Sir Ferguson, Mr Mourinho, The Dolf man's a coming!

:)

It might have something to do with the fact that he is a former player, they would rather appoint a former player who is known through out holland than a manager thats not well known in holland

But I'm world-class and a former international. Surely that makes me known throughout my country :)

yeah this was also an issue on fm09. i've never been turned down personally but then i don't apply for them i just take them when offered, but it ****es me of when i see these regens with no career getting the international job at major countries. i could put up with it if it was fiji...

tbh i generally stay away from international management unless i really fancy it.

i think it is about the time once you applied for the job, may be the offered or the game prepared to offer him.

it is happened even with clubs, it is nothing to do with National job.

in the past, not FM 2008 or 2009, i was World class and even offered a job like France or something like that.

Archived