10.2 released too soon?

there is no problem with it, hope SI have a good xmas holiday as i will playing the game

How do you know there are no problems with it? It's only just been released and plenty of people seem to have found problems.

Surely you can't have experienced it in more depth than the combined knowledge of everyone else.

I think the patch was needd to solve memory issues so no i do not think it was released too early.

Considering that they could have waited another week and avoided some of the game-breakers which may or not be present?

One week isn't a long time considering you will now be stuck with this version until the last patch in feb/march.

Every game will always have problems even with patches released. People expecting an absolute bug-free game are in cuckoo land.

And what is your opinion concerning people who like to point out the obvious and make no attempt to further a discussion?

Like we really think a game should be bug-free and we need you to tell us. Thanks.

A week or two would be in Christmas and generally we've released the second patch earlier than we have with this one. This patch has received more testing than any previous patches we've done thanks to our beta testers giving us a helping hand too.

As with every patch, we will review and collate issues that people experience, but the majority of the time the problems raised are caused by factors beyond our control and the scope of our testing resources. For a lot of them, it would make little difference had we waited a week or two as some of them are are unable to trigger ourselves. It's also easy to just read other peoples issues and assume there are widespread problems, when there might not be at all.

There will be plenty of people playing 10.2.0 and enjoying it, without experiencing any issues to their knowledge or gaming experience at all.

Come on!!!! without completely blowing my top this sort of stuff is getting absolutely ridiculous now.....

Yes there was problems with original game, yes theres problems with this new patch, yes there will be problems in next patch and in 2011,2012,2013 and so on and so on as theres never gonna be a game played that has absolutely no problems or slight bugs in it.

I think what i am saying is... either play it as it is and accept that your not alone or find another game to bloody whinge about. Why is it that people only ever read the moans and groans and not bother with the appraisals that people are giving out?

For the record i am loving the game and thank SI for actually bothering to put in the awfully long hours and stress that comes with trying to please alot of people on here. Merry Xmas everyone :)

Loads of new and improved things added to the original data will result in a few problems, like any patches that come out with other games.

If you dont think i should tell you about 'bug free' why is it you seem to be inplying the exact thing?

When you post 'no games are bug free' you just come across as arrogant and patronising. Do you really think we don't know that?

It is a lame strawman. Do you REALLY think people posting here expect it to be bug free? If you don't, then why get people's back up by insulting their intelligence?

Software is never 'ready', its the nature of the beast.

You can test it for years and bugs or knock-on effects from changes will still appear. Also, a certain proportion of customers will never be happy - deliver a patch with a free gold bar and they would complain its too heavy.

I say well done to SI and enjoy your Xmas'.

Software is never 'ready', its the nature of the beast.

You can test it for years and bugs or knock-on effects from changes will still appear. Also, a certain proportion of customers will never be happy - deliver a patch with a free gold bar and they would complain its too heavy.

I say well done to SI and enjoy your Xmas'.

Another guy with the same strawman. See above.

Blimey. Lets get over the 'all software has bugs' argument. WE KNOW ALREADY!

When you post 'no games are bug free' you just come across as arrogant and patronising. Do you really think we don't know that?

It is a lame strawman. Do you REALLY think people posting here expect it to be bug free? If you don't, then why get people's back up by insulting their intelligence?

Calm down Kickballz. And similarly I've noticed that you've said elsewhere that you're not playing FM 2010 and have no intention to do so potentially until the final patch. It's difficult for others to accept your concerns when you've not got any first hand experience of some of the topics you're discussing.

It would be far more useful and constructive if you actually played it and provided feedback of your experiences and any problems you've encountered rather than making assumptions based off what you've read.

Another guy with the same strawman. See above.

Blimey. Lets get over the 'all software has bugs' argument. WE KNOW ALREADY!

Well if you acknowledge that all software has bugs, then surely you can acknowledge that even if they'd waited a week or two (as per your original post) there would still be bugs?

Calm down Kickballz. And similarly I've noticed that you've said elsewhere that you're not playing FM 2010 and have no intention to do so potentially until the final patch. It's difficult for others to accept your concerns when you've not got any first hand experience of some of the topics you're discussing.

It would be far more useful and constructive if you actually played it and provided feedback of your experiences and any problems you've encountered rather than making assumptions based off what you've read.

ahh you found it :) i was looking for that aswell as surely you cant make comments on the assumptions of other peoples problems?

I'm trying to get feedback on what I consider an important issue.

I've played every version of fm and actually I have purchased fm2010 and have it installed on one of my laptops. What I said was that I was not willing to start a LONG TERM fm2010 game until I was convinced it was worthwhile, so I don't believe my opinion is any less relevant than anyone else's opinion.

I've played every version of fm and actually I have purchased fm2010 and have it installed on one of my laptops. What I said was that I was not willing to start a LONG TERM fm2010 game until I was convinced it was worthwhile, so I don't believe my opinion is any less relevant than anyone else's opinion.

Kickballz mate, I have played every FM/CM since CM 03/04. And I honestly think that FM 10 with 10.2 patch is the best football manager simulation ever. :)

For the life of me, I don't understand what makes this a "constructive thread" but threads that support the product we play are seen as unnecessary, antagonistic or downright fanboyish. I respect that I will have a great difference of opinion with the many people that frequent this forum. Let's keep it cleand and the fighting fair.

As to the specific question at hand; I do not think the patch was released too soon as we, the mass of users, are likely to find issues that crop up because we are pushing the program to its limits. While some of you have pointed out that you recognize this to be a common denominator with all software, in the same breath you claim that this title should be above that problem with the suggestion that SI has not done enough to release an appropriate product/patch. I think the problems we see with this game pale in comparison to the problems found in other pieces of software on the market.

What criteria is important to you for a long-term game then? What does 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2 not do that you want 10.3 to do?

We all love football here and we all love the game, but everybody has different playing habits and expectations of what their ideal experience is. If you can help us identify them through practical means, maybe we can nail the criteria that fits your ideal experience too.

The Sean, this is only a constructive thread if people address the question without getting distracted by irrelevant concerns about 'all software having bugs' (like you did) and that other software is bugged - it's not a question of games have more or fewer bugs. We're discussing fm210.

You don't think it was released too soon - that's fine. I respect your opinion, but we don't need to be told for the millionth time that all software has bugs.

What criteria is important to you for a long-term game then? What does 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2 not do that you want 10.3 to do?

We all love football here and we all love the game, but everybody has different playing habits and expectations of what their ideal experience is. If you can help us identify them through practical means, maybe we can nail the criteria that fits your ideal experience too.

Yes, thanks Neil.

Obviously I couldn't possibly start to explain all my opinions regarding the fm series. The purpose of this thread was simply to allow people to express their opinion regarding the timing of the 10.2 patch.

I have already admitted that I haven't played the game in depth so far, but that doesn't mean I am not interested in what other people have to say.

The Sean, this is only a constructive thread if people address the question without getting distracted by irrelevant concerns about 'all software having bugs' (like you did) and that other software is bugged - it's not a question of games have more or fewer bugs. We're discussing fm210.

You don't think it was released too soon - that's fine. I respect your opinion, but we don't need to be told for the millionth time that all software has bugs.

Nor do we need to be told, implicitly or otherwise, that SI has come up short yet again. I have read many of your posts on this thread and others. You seem to 'have a bone to pick with SI.' Perhaps this is something that could be addressed directly with them and their customer service instead of using such a public forum for such a private affair. As to my inclusion of the 'all software has bugs' comment; it has relevance when weighed against your claim that SI has released yet another product before it was "ready." I am happy to keep this to FM. More specifically, I am happy to keep this to FM2010 and not the plethora of grievances you have against SI as an organization. To restate my original opinion; I think this patch was not released too soon. You and I disagree. Let's keep it to that.

Nor do we need to be told, implicitly or otherwise, that SI has come up short yet again. I have read many of your posts on this thread and others. You seem to 'have a bone to pick with SI.' Perhaps this is something that could be addressed directly with them and their customer service instead of using such a public forum for such a private affair. As to my inclusion of the 'all software has bugs' comment; it has relevance when weighed against your claim that SI has released yet another product before it was "ready." I am happy to keep this to FM. More specifically, I am happy to keep this to FM2010 and not the plethora of grievances you have against SI as an organization. To restate my original opinion; I think this patch was not released too soon. You and I disagree. Let's keep it to that.

What utter twaddle.

When you interpret my posts as 'having a bone to pick with SI', do you in fact mean that I have the gall to be critical? So what exactly is your problem with criticism on a public forum? Well pardon me for for expressing an opinion. Your suggestion that I should be engaging with their customer service is frankly hilarious. I'm going to read it again for another laugh.

SI, I must seriously second Gooner's motion to devote an entire section of the Forum to complaints. I have both created and attempted to find other threads that get buried on here underneath the weight of the handful, yet vociferous, of recalcitrant FMers.

SI, I must seriously second Gooner's motion to devote an entire section of the Forum to complaints. I have both created and attempted to find other threads that get buried on here underneath the weight of the handful, yet vociferous, of recalcitrant FMers.

Wonderful. You really are a comedian. :D

Wonderful. You really are a comedian. :D

Are you trying to goad me into a fight? Leave it be, man. We disagree. I seconded a suggestion put forth by another forum member, which is not an abuse of the rules as I understand them. If SI wishes to weigh in on this, I will gladly listen to them. If you have nothing constructive to offer regarding my posts, please ignore them.

Are you trying to goad me into a fight? Leave it be, man. We disagree. I seconded a suggestion put forth by another forum member, which is not an abuse of the rules as I understand them. If SI wishes to weigh in on this, I will gladly listen to them. If you have nothing constructive to offer regarding my posts, please ignore them.

My constructive criticism of your posts is that they suck.

The point of this thread was perfectly clear but you chose to ignore it and engage in antagonistic behaviour. By all means, complain to a moderator if you think it will get you brownie points.

After playing a new save i have noticed that processing fixtures takes longer on 10.2 than the previous patches for me. I have even put the detail level down to minimum and it is still slower than 10.1 with detail level on mixed.

Also i have had at least 1 long range goal every game so far (8 league games), I never really had a problem with long range goals on 10.1.

Could just be coincidence though, will play on further and see if there is still a long range goal a game.

Only one comedian in this thread and that's the chap who wants to give his 'opinion' on a game he hasn't played. :D

Who said I was giving an opinion? I made it perfectly clear I was looking for other people's opinion.

Also, I have played the game so you are wrong anyway.

Did you have anything constructive to say? or are you just here to take cheap shots?

That's two posts Crouchaldinho where you have nothing to offer

The same could be said about every post of yours in this thread.

It's an utterly ridiculous thread.

Did they bring the patch out too early? What a stupid question! I don't even know where to begin with that. :rolleyes:

If you are really that concerned, then why not just read the comments in the official feedback thread? Better still, why not install the patch and try it yourself.

Your assertion in the opening post is wrong as well, as I pointed out with my first post. The patch has been released at around this time for pretty much every version I can remember. I believe last year's was ever earlier than this.

All you have done in this thread is insulted people. It's pathetic to be honest. That's why I'm taking a few shots at you, to see how you like it yourself.

I agree with The Sean's posts as well. Spot on in my opinion.

C.

Archived