OMG WHAT IS GOING ON help si

Installed Patch .2 and now my game freezes during matches :(

I have started new game and frooze on my match in 75th minute and also on a few saved games please help si. Also how do you know when to update your Graphics card ect ect ????

btw I did the box install as i did not use steam ..when can i simply play fm liek the old days

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Installed Patch .2 and now my game freezes during matches :(

I have started new game and frooze on my match in 75th minute and also on a few saved games please help si. Also how do you know when to update your Graphics card ect ect ????

btw I did the box install as i did not use steam ..when can i simply play fm liek the old days

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Yes also same for me since steam updated to patch 2 yesterday my game freezes in match and will not restart i have had this in the two games i have tried to play since the patch update,i am having to reboot the computer to restart the game then when it gets to the main menue screen the one before load last game this just keeps on going as though its stuck and takes an age for it to load up.I have not had this problem with any football manager game before or 2010 demo or patch 1 so what has happened to my game for patch 2 SI as my game is now unplayable.Please SI whats going on since patch 10.2

Playing in windowed mode shouldn't ever have to be an option.

It's pathetic that for years and years SI suggest that.

Whatever the problem is, it should never be something that playing in windowed mode fixes. It is incredibly lame - if there ever was a problem in this area and it still hasn't been fixed after about four or five years then it's an absolute disgrace.

Playing in windowed mode shouldn't ever have to be an option.

It's pathetic that for years and years SI suggest that.

Whatever the problem is, it should never be something that playing in windowed mode fixes. It is incredibly lame - if there ever was a problem in this area and it still hasn't been fixed after about four or five years then it's an absolute disgrace.

That's not accurate and we have not suggested for years and years that users should play in Windowed Mode to get around a problem. There was one particular FM version where there was an issue with full-screen for some users that was fixed in a patch, of which this was suggestion to identify if this was indeed the problem (and offered as a workaround until the patch was released).

That's not accurate and we have not suggested for years and years that users should play in Windowed Mode to get around a problem. There was one particular FM version where there was an issue with full-screen for some users that was fixed in a patch, of which this was suggestion to identify if this was indeed the problem (and offered as a workaround until the patch was released).

Hi Neil

Any suggestions as to why after patch 10.2 the game freezes in match it has done this on every match since new update from steam,no problems at all with patch 10.1at the moment i cant watch a single match,any suggestions please.

This is awful. I didn't have a single problem with the game before the patch, but now it is totaly unplayable. Crashes everytime I try to play a game which you can imagion is very annoying.

The worst thing is that the patch installed via steam so I had no choice over the matter. It has ruined the game.

So SI what do i do to stop it crashing everytime I try to play a game?

Hi Neil

Any suggestions as to why after patch 10.2 the game freezes in match it has done this on every match since new update from steam,no problems at all with patch 10.1at the moment i cant watch a single match,any suggestions please.

I'm not sure why this would be the case at all, but there's a few things you can try:

- Clear your cache

- Verify integrity of game cache

- Reinstall the game

First try clearing your cache (details below):

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

VISTA and 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Wndows Vista and 7:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

If that doesn't work, from the "My Games" tab in your STEAM browser:

1. Right click on "Football Manager 2010".

2. Select "Properties" from the pop-up menu.

3. Select the "Local Files" tab.

4. Select "Verify integrity of game cache..."

This may take a while.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest reinstalling the game through STEAM. It should automatically patch you up to 10.2. You can do the above steps but instead of "Verify integrity of game cache..." you should "Delete local game content..." and then re-install.

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure why this would be the case at all, but there's a few things you can try:

- Clear your cache

- Verify integrity of game cache

- Reinstall the game

First try clearing your cache (details below):

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

VISTA and 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Wndows Vista and 7:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

If that doesn't work, from the "My Games" tab in your STEAM browser:

1. Right click on "Football Manager 2010".

2. Select "Properties" from the pop-up menu.

3. Select the "Local Files" tab.

4. Select "Verify integrity of game cache..."

This may take a while.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest reinstalling the game through STEAM. It should automatically patch you up to 10.2. You can do the above steps but instead of "Verify integrity of game cache..." you should "Delete local game content..." and then re-install.

Hope this helps.

Far from helping this has accually made the game much worse the title screen doesn't load up correctly I started the game and nothing works at all cant continue nothing. I can't even check if this has helped the match engine because the game is completely ruined. Thanks.

Far from helping this has accually made the game much worse the title screen doesn't load up correctly I started the game and nothing works at all cant continue nothing. I can't even check if this has helped the match engine because the game is completely ruined. Thanks.

Which step did you try?

It's not completely ruined, though it sounds like you need to do a complete re-installation.

How did you install the game originally?

Which step did you try?

It's not completely ruined, though it sounds like you need to do a complete re-installation.

How did you install the game originally?

Neil i tried to clear my cache but dont have this folder in my Sports Interactive folder and my hidden files is switched on.I verified the files option through steam it said that 119 files were missing it uploaded the missing files but the 3d game freeze is still there. I have now deleated fm10 from steam and started uploading it again to see if this helps.

Neil i tried to clear my cache but dont have this folder in my Sports Interactive folder and my hidden files is switched on.I verified the files option through steam it said that 119 files were missing it uploaded the missing files but the 3d game freeze is still there. I have now deleated fm10 from steam and started uploading it again to see if this helps.

If you have missing files that definitely points to a problem. Perhaps there was a problem during the patching process through STEAM.

Let us know how you get on.

Archived