Contracts and your own honour!!!

Currently with Sedan 2nd season, odds on for promotion and now in late march so my contract is almost up (though patch 2 seems to be putting paid to my promotion hopes quite badly). Current club players and legends are urging the board to offer me a new contract on an almost 2 weekly basis, the board have said they want to offer me a contract one week, but will leave it till the end of the season, then the next week they are lining up my replacement in case i do one at the end of the season.

The option is now up for me to request a new contract, and heres my question.

I want them to offer me a contract, I dont want to ask for one. But Im in a good position at the moment and if I asked for one I'd probably get it. If I dont manage to get them up the odds are is theyd get rid of me.

So should I give in and go begging, or do the honourable thing and wait for them to make a move?

Agreed! My own pride says dont go and ask, it wont be begging, it would be demanding, but still, I want to see what they put on the table. Fingers crossed it doesnt backfire, we dont go up and im on the dole flipping burgers at Sedan's west stand till kingdom come.

Archived