View Full Version : Newbie question

17-12-2009, 06:35
I'm completely new to FM and have a question regarding choosing club.
Where should I start? Should I begin with one of the "Big Teams" such like Barcelona, Man United, Liverpool or Inter where I already know most of the players, know the tactics (well...) and so on. In that case I have pretty good players and just have to start playing.
Or should I start in the lower/lowest leagues in a country with a team I now nothing about, and start to know the players, buy new players, setup a tactic and so on.

I pressume it's easier to start with one of the "Big Teams", and funnier to start with a low-league team?

Or should I just go for my favorite team and support them all the way...?

How should I think as a new player??

17-12-2009, 06:42
Everyone is different in how they play to be fair. Considering your completely new to the game though, I would reccommend starting with a big team to get used to the game at first. Then once your happy you could swap to your favourite club, or perhaps try a more challenging team.

17-12-2009, 06:45
I have always done it with my favorite club (Rangers) although when i was learning FM and CM's they where always a class above even Celtic. However this year id strongly discourage going them with their finances. Id recommend a top English club to learn the game with, one of the more challengeing leagues but with Man Utd, Chelsea or City you should find it easy enough to learn.

17-12-2009, 07:00
TBH, as a newbie, I'd go Man City. You have a squad of great players, and a never-ending budget.

Good-luck. :thup:

17-12-2009, 07:41
Thanks for the tips!

Then, Man City it will be... :-)

17-12-2009, 08:56
Thanks for the tips!

Then, Man City it will be... :-)

Or if you want a lower-tier team, Notts Co. are the team for you.
I've never played them myself, but I've heard it's easy.