Want me out, after just a week and not kicked a ball

Ok i took over Newcastle. Its a modified database giving them the board as my family even though we are all Rangers fans, and removing most of the players and staff from the team. So i load it up and start to snap up some bragin signings, However after just a week in the game, Laudrup states he wants my job, status is still secure so i dont know how he can do this as certainly Human managers cant declare interest in a AI managers job if it is stabe.

sfbs.jpg

This is on the new patch as i use steam so automatically updated. Any ideas.

It could be a case of the game just reacting slowly to you being appointed. He issued a statement saying he was interested in the job before you took over, but its taken a wee while to come through. Seen it happen with some player transfers where they sign for new club, only for a manager to declare interest in them shortly afterwards.

nope, only thing i have done (which was after this event) was asked for wages which was refused so i changed the budgets which i think is fair. Signed alot of players, most on very cheap deals or frees, may not be the right quality for the championship but i hope they are, used the only fasioned way of searching and searched by important stats all above 12 (i hope this is championship level.) ass man says the team is 3 star all over, which worries me but then the only 5 star ive seen yet has been Akinfeev who is well out of our current reach.

I think you can only declare an interest in managers jobs if theyre listed as insecure, or vacant, so something must have triggered it, I just dunno what?! You took over right at the start? You havent got the start date set to a different league, have you? ie one before england's

No it was set to England, and yes my plan in modifying Newcastle was for a differant type of challenge. Also my reputation is far too low to be considered as a Newcastle manager without automatically selecting at the start.

Archived