Mikel Arteta doesn't think I am giving the team enough credit....

Hi, I'm new to the forum and Football Manager 2010, I'm in my first season with Everton currently lying in 8th with a possible 5th place finish on the cards (I hope so, again :p) also in the semis of the F.A cup and the Quarters of the Europa league v Fulham who knocked Liverpool out ( I will post another thread on this as i have been keeping taps on the great Europa league of this season :D)

My question is how can I make Arteta and Yobo change their mind because I do congratulate the team after a win ect or is there a special button I have to press to praise everybody?.

There's no "special" button to make it go away, no. It usually appears if you havent given praise after a win (not the case, clearly) of, after a big win, you haven't praised highly enough ie just said "well done" instead of "sensational"

There's no "special" button to make it go away, no. It usually appears if you havent given praise after a win (not the case, clearly) of, after a big win, you haven't praised highly enough ie just said "well done" instead of "sensational"

Thanks for the quick reply mate, honestly I do try and give as much praise as I can especially if I have won....could it be it was because I got beat marginally and said bad things to them when I should have praised them?

Im not sure about that one, I think I have only come across it when a player decides they haven't been given high enough praise for a performance. I would be surprised if it had appeared after a defeat where you were unhappy with your players, although I suppose it is possible...

Im not sure about that one, I think I have only come across it when a player decides they haven't been given high enough praise for a performance. I would be surprised if it had appeared after a defeat where you were unhappy with your players, although I suppose it is possible...

Ok well thank you for the reply also it's worrying me because now Arteta is considering his options.... :(

Off topic: Has anybody had a manager from another club commenting and disrupting 2 or more players on your team :| The Valencia manager mentioned Yobo, Saha and Cahill, Saha actually left for Valencia as well. (Apologies to the off topicness mods :))

I wouldnt worry about the "considering options" thing. that will probably go away in time, if you keep praising wins and keep morale high. you could also try offering a new contract, and that may get rid of it altogether.

I dont think i have come across one manager wanting more than one of my players, but then I usually manage at Liverpool, so its not surprising, really!

Off topic: Has anybody had a manager from another club commenting and disrupting 2 or more players on your team :| The Valencia manager mentioned Yobo, Saha and Cahill, Saha actually left for Valencia as well. (Apologies to the off topicness mods :))

Happens when I manage West Ham, they try and poach Upson. Just offer them a new contract, or when they offer for the player, set a stupidly high price for them. It generally gets rid of the clubs interested, for me anyways.

if you praise the team after a match (or matches) he didnt play or wasnt subbed-in it will have no effect on him.

i made it go away on a few of my players by making sure they were in the pitch on an easy match and praising them for it.

praising them on the media also helps - but be sure they deserve it or otherwise it will backfire.

The team talks are too vague anyway. For example - my team put in a blinding performance, all of them were rated above 7 at least at the end, but we threw away a two goal lead. I said I was disappointed and they all got sh*tty with me.

ya if the team does play well and they loose (which happens in RL as well) its better to symapthise with them rather than hammering them - as frustrating as it is.

also if it was the defense that failed it is better to give individual feedback to those players rather than including the whole team in it.

One way that I deal with clubs trying to unsettle my players is the obvious shooting down their offers, jacking up prices, but unless it is an extremely important player I try to make it realistic, but at the highest possible (ex. player is worth 4M, I ask for 18-20M). I also make things public if I can so that the players and fans know that the offering team is too cheap and it also lets other clubs know what the price is. If it is for a player I want to keep, I jack the price up to 100M and then insult the manager so that they won't want to do business with me.

but then what do you do if they become unhappy with you and their status (as in my case with 4 players at Tottenham in the 2nd season) becomes - "feels they need to change clubs to further their career". I finished 6th last year and am still in all competitions yet Krancjar, Lennon, Modric and someone else all want out. Any advice?

I had that message come from Rooney only after 1 game, not sure if the friendlies count but that was all I could think of. So now, when I get a win I tell the team they did well almost all the ime after a win. If the team loses or does poorly, I still tell the players with a mid 7 rating or higher they did well. Seems to work as I havent had this issue anymore

Archived