Do you ever quit and play again?

I normally consider this cheating, but I tend to save before (and after) every match anyway, in case of crashes. And so sometimes...

Home against a team in the lower echelons of the table.

Nineteen shots, including six clear cut chances, all of the clean through, one-on-one variety, all missed by my prolific, world class striker and goalscoring attacking midfielders.

Captain, defensive midfielder and best player sent off for two handballs in the first half.

Best attacking midfielder and top assist provider carried off injured midway through the second half.

Opposition's 6-attribute-for-long-shots striker scores a 30-yarder with five minutes to go, their only shot on target.

I feel like throwing the disc at the wall sometimes... so it's fortunate I play the game through Steam.

no way would i consider ever doing that!!!!!! Very bad cheating and would you seriously feel happy with the result when you win? How many times will you reload to get the result you want? Where will the cheating end is another thing? Will you sabotage a rival by taking control of there team and losing some of there matches? Sell there best players?

The only thing i have ever changed and ever will change is the finances of clubs within the editor to coincide with real life.

I used to cheat my FM08 save with Troyes (2nd Div French Team) and cheated my way to the Europa League Final

But my friend told me to grow some balls, so in FM 2010, Not once did I reload and I took Bury back to back promotions from L2 to Championship

The ony reload for my bury Game was in the League 1 PlayOffs and I won 3-0, but the game crashes, So i reloaded and this time the match went 3-3 aggregate but went through on penalties!

Not cheating is definitely more rewarding but I can understand the frustration sometimes, thats why now i take it out on my players during team talks! =]

Define "cheating", anyway. You've payed for the game, play it in whatever way gives you the most satisfaction. No-one has any right to tell another how they should play.

Well, except Miles. And the Collyers. And that Vaughan fellow.

What happened to him?

Probably cant find motivation to play a game he simply cannot lose. I find it absolutely ridiculous people feel the need to cheat in a game that if things turn too bad and you just cant be bothered with your current team just resign and wait for another job and start again.

Oh come on...

A game should be fun, and if somebody gets frustrated by some (not so uncommon) ridiculous events, I don't really see what's SO wrong with reloading an odd game.

I think some people should get off their high horse and let people enjoy the game (game, not job, not mission not goal in life) in whatever way they find it more entertaining.

While I agree there's little point in reloading every single game until you get the "right" outcome, I must admit sometimes the game almost BEGS you to quit.

So, to the OP question my answer is: yes. Rarely and under particularly absurd/frustrating circumstances I do quit the game.

I play FM to have FUN, and when the game stops to be fun and makes me wanna punch the monitor, it's time to lose my temper on something more important ;)

I did it when I was younger but that was years ago, doesn't interest me at all, each to their own I suppose.

I've only done it once on FM10: I beat Northampton 2-0 and was about to play my next game and the game crashed, I reloaded only to find I had to play Northampton again, I lost this time 3-1 so I reloaded once again to ensure I won!

I very, very nearly reloaded when I lost to Wrexham 1-0. It was 91st minute, 0-0 (having used all three subs) and my goalkeeper gets injured, I have to put an outfield player in goal, unfortunately before the tactics were implemented they scored from the half way line when no one was in goal, not even the injured keeper!!

I have done it following a semi final, as it went to penalties which I won, but when I continued I was toldI had lost. So yes I reloaded it. Its your game anyway, you payed for it, play it how you want.

Nope, I even hate it when i have lost a game and my computer crashes. Can't be bothered playing games all over again wether it be a win/loss or draw.

But nothing gets me more mad than when i have won a game, it crashes. I replay the game and get thumped 4-0 or something similar. This makes me loose intrest completely, so i either start a new game or retire and take over a different team on the save.

Or leave it for a few days & stay off FM untill its not fresh in my memory and then carry on.

Yep what they said ^^^, i'm in no way critising people who do quit and play again untill they win.

It's your game! Play it however you like, each to their own. Play the game in what ever way makes you have fun. Just not the thing for me. ;)

When i get bored not long before the next FM comes out, I get some fun from making a League One side mega rich like Man City and buy any one i like.

(I usually get bored by the time i get them to the Premier league though :p)

I used to do this years and years ago, but over time, I've just started accepting the stupid crap that sometimes happens (like every right back in the squad being out), because it happens in real life. Look at United right now and their makeshift defensive line.

For example, I just lost a home game (1-4) that could potentially cost me the Norwegian title (cut my lead to 4 points with 3 games left) against the team at the very bottom because one of my midfielders decided to take out an opponent from behind in the 12th minute. I so wanted that moment, but I sucked it up and stuck it out. Eventually, it balances.

I dont reload the games i play but usually on every CM/FM since the editors have been out i have updtaed the Scottish league to make it the best in the world for a bit of fun. I would give all the teams Billions in the bank, 100,000 all seater stadiums and average attendances of 80,000 and so on. Like other people have said though i would quickly get bored of that and lose interest in the entire thing and go back to playing "properly", i'd imagine reloading would give you a similar experience/feeling.

I've quit in frustration a few times. But I'll always replay it and lose the game, because I don't like to feel dirty. :o I had a friend at work who I'd talk FM with, then I found out he'd take over Utd and reload every match if he lost. Every single shred of respect gone from him. Another plays Sporting Lisbon and buys the best players. He can't understand why I've been wading about in the lower leagues :D

Just to explain myself again - like I said at the start, I normally consider it cheating myself. I don't mess with the editor except occasionally to make the database more accurate (finances, transfers, etc), and I don't reload if I lose a game believably and/or deservedly. But on the rare occasions when I feel cheated by the game - simply too many unrealistic occurences - I have done this in frustration. Do I feel dirty? A bit, yes. But it offsets the feeling of being p*ssed off at the computer screen.

i have cheated once ever... i save quite often as the game loves to crash esp when im goin on an unbeaten run. i beat some team 4-0 away (im terrible away) and then the game crashed. so i had to replay the game and lost... obviously when i have already won the game in the 1st place im not goin to accept a defeat because the game has crashed am i???

Not in a typical game. Mainly because I don't consider the OP's scenario to be much of a problem. I have won many a game where my team had 2 shots on target against the AI's 12-15-17 shots, so I know it's my fault if I'm on the receiving end.

Most recently, however, I have had to reload occasionally because I'll win a match, then the game crashes. I HAVE to replay it. If I lose the replay I will reload until I get my win back. I think that's only fair.

HOWEVER, I know there's a moral dilemma here: what if I lose before the crash then win the replay? Honestly? It's never happened so far, so I can't tell you. I like to think I'd reload for the defeat, but thankfully 10.2 seems to have stopped my crashing problems so I'll never have to find out ;-)

^ True, but if you lost 0-4 and the game crashed, you replayed and snuck a 1-0 win, I think most people would accept it. It has to go both ways.

I save before and after every fixture just in case of crash dumps. I've quit games without saving in frustration before, but the save always feels cheap after that and it never lasts.

The last time I really did it was a cup run, i think it was about FM 05, and i took Stockport to the Play off finals, and i said to myself, 'right, if i lose, ill just re-load'. I won, but I didn't have that rush that I got when I wasn't prepared to re-load

So i didnt think about it again, not because it was some moral slight, but because I knew it wouldnt be as fun, and I would never get that "Oh no, its going to go to penalties, its going to go to penalties.....oh wait....... go on david poole.....David Poole.....go on lad, OH beautiful, one more defender!!.......AAAARRERGGGGHHDAAVIID****INGPOOOLEEE YEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" moments that make it all worthwhile!! :)

I've replayed the same game numerous times when the opposition plays a system I fail to cope with, not necessarily until I win but until I feel happy that I have nullified them sufficiently. It is only certain games for example Man City away I always used to struggle against so if I got beat 4-0 I would keep making alterations to my tactic until I was happy the players were doing exactly what I am wanting them to, whether or not that is considered cheating I don't really care if I want to spend time working on a way to counter a certain formation I struggle against then I will, I am not putting up screen shots everywhere claiming a victory, I am well aware that I lost the original fixture.

On FM08 I once reloaded a Liverpool v. Arsenal league cup final more than 50 times until I won. :D

And then I realised it wasn't worth it

Ha ha, once did exactly this on an old version; exactly the same thing but it was an international match, i was one game away from taking Wales to the world cup semi finals from memory... but i was quite a bit younger then :)

These day's i try hard not too as like people say, you do tend to feel a bit dirty afterwards ;) ... but on the very very odd occassion....

Most recently (and my only time having done so on FM10) i got so cheesed off by being gazumped on a player i was trying to sign, by some crappy club, i went back and doubled his wage offer... Needless to say i got him and lived happily ever after :)

When I was about 8 and playing FM I did this. Now i've just got to face the music..

Tbh, when I was 8, the last thing I would think about doing is play FM.

I had more important things to do like lick tree's, attack helpless bugs and eat as much sugar as humanly possible, before going on some major rush then conking out for the night. ;)

I have done this way back when I first started mainly if one my most important player got a major injury -- this was for wins, losses and draws. Then I started to use editors to get him back for a short while, but I stopped doing this years ago. If you just restart or edit to ignore injuries or losses it seems to me that you're not getting the full extent of the game. You will be playing with your best 11 at all times and/or winning every single competition. There is something very fun about turning around a bad run, finding a new talent because your top three strikers are out and you HAVE to play this kid and he gets hot as hell and leads your team to glory in the final month and scores the winner in the CL final. That scenario happened to me in FM08. I don't look down on those that restart or edit, but how many of them have a memory like that from a two-year-old game? Or getting the sack, building a new team up and targeting your old team for total destruction? I just think you miss out on the full game and a lot of fun, plus it seems a lot more time consuming -- playing the same game over & over until you get what you want. But to each their own.

Archived