Not Favorite to win???????

Im posting this to see if anyone has had similar issues or to find out if I'm doing somthing wrong.

I started a Chelmsford save and in season one I won the Blue Square South quite easily. In seasaon two we were expected to be in a relegation dogfight in the Blue Square Prem. However, I was given 55k transfer kitty and made some very good signings.

Chelmsford have been in the top 4 all season.

But round about Feb time, I started to notice a strange pattern. My fans were pleased with dumb home draws against weaker opposition. I was annoyed with these results as we were pushing for the title. I then noticed that in many of my fixtures, I was not being quoted as favorites.

With 6 games left and the tittle race hotting up, I get three consecutive draws against teams I should/could be beating and Im not favorite to win any of them.

The Histon games was the last straw and I decided to post here.

Here is the pre match prediction .....

chelmfav.th.png

Here is the post match annalysis ....

chelmpost.th.png

Here is the final match result .....

chelmresult.th.png

Here is the league table after the match ....

chelmtable.th.png

I feel that the AI unfairly acts on teams that have a low rep but perform well in the league. Surely league performance should affect how these things work?

I read somewhere that pre match odds can have a big effect on games, if so, this is bull*hit tbh.

This may have cost me the title as I have two very difficult ties left, away to Oxford and home to Rushden. Im not complaining about results, chit happens, but I am complaining about this Favorite thing which is unfair, unjust and unrealistic.

Sounds like you might be going abit far. You was expecting to be in a dogfight to stay in the league but instead you are fighting for the title, i would be buzzin!!!!!!

You'd be buzzin when your not favorites to beat a team that is already relegated and your currently top by 1 point?

EDIT I'm talking about the fleetwood game.

look at the screenies.

And I was not expecting to be in a relegation dogfight... The media/AI was.

It could end up you getting promoted yet. You'll back on here when you do going wild about getting up. Any money on it.........

You are tottaly missing the point.... How can I NOT be favorite to win some of these matches?

The results dont affect how I feel about dumbness in FM.

Next game.

Away to Oxford. A very difficult match (Despite my players having far superior stats).

Oxford are made 4/6 fav's whilst Chelmsford are 9/2.... A bit strong but I wont complain about that.

I was 3-0 down with 7 minutes left.

chelmoxf.th.png

Now how would you feel as Oxford manager in a game with those odds and that outcome?

The good news it that reputations (or whatever affect odds) may change quite a lot between two seasons. I finished 5th as a relegation candidate and this season, they expect my team to reach the 7th place. So I guess you will have much better odds next year.

Yeah, I don't agree with the way odds are worked out either. In my 7th season with Villa I was top with about a 12 point gap, unbeated in 15, hadn't conceded in 10, I came up against a 7th place Manchester United who were struggling, and yet they were favourites. I was also reigning champions from the previous season.

I won the league after results elsewhere went my way, mainly Barnet being held to a 2-2 home draw V Ebsfleet (Which I find surprising). York beat Barrow 6-0 at home, a 7th would have won them the league. (Surprising again since Barrow were no pushover being the leagues draw masters.)

The AI decided to give me the title with a McCormick 93rd minute winner btw.

Read the post match stuff

chelmrushpost.th.png

League table. (Look at massive match fav's Rushden)

chelmrushtable.th.png

My complaint is about the ridiculous match odds..... Not results.

As TheRiddler said, current form should affect odds .... Surely????

Not being favourite to win can be a blessing, it puts your players under less pressure for one. If you were tipped to be in a delegation dogfight at the start of the season, then it's only going to put you favourites against the teams that are pretty much certain to get relegated.

Your team is probably suffering a dip in form which happens in real life as well as in the game, chill out and enjoy the relative success you are having. If you don't you'll end up looking like Wenger, or worse Sir Alex.

Not being favourite to win can be a blessing, it puts your players under less pressure for one. If you were tipped to be in a delegation dogfight at the start of the season, then it's only going to put you favourites against the teams that are pretty much certain to get relegated.

Your team is probably suffering a dip in form which happens in real life as well as in the game, chill out and enjoy the relative success you are having. If you don't you'll end up looking like Wenger, or worse Sir Alex.

My team did not suffer a dip in form. We lost 5 league games all season. My squad was technically the best in the league. I checked.

Nothing can justify Rushden to be massive Fav's to win the match V Chelmsford.

If I loose a match I want it to be to the best team on the day (Or bad luck).... Not to a weaker team who just happened to be Fav's for some tottally baffling reason.

well done tho m8 and interesting story

Thanks mate.

V Rushden, 1-1 with 10 minutes left, I make some drastic tactical changes becuase I'm watching results elsewhere and only a win can do it for me..... Up pops McCormick to win Chelmsford the title with the last kick of the game..... LOL.

chelmrushresult.th.png

Archived