Understanding player positions

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Am i right in thinking that what FM tells you is a players natural and best position it may not be true. I read somewhere that the players percentage for a certain porition is what counts.

When you look at a scout tool it tells you a percentage of where each player can play. Does that make the highest percentage the players actual best position to play.

I have a player who's position in FM is DM/MC with DM being natural (light green) and MC (dark green). Using a scout tool it tells me his DM percentage is 76 with a light green dot, MC 73 with a dark green dot. But this is where im confused. It tells me his DC rating is 77 with an orange dot. Does this mean he his best played at DC instead of DM due to the higher percentage?

Or does attributes play a part also. Upto now i have always thought that when you set up your team, its best to have all your players with light green dots so they are playing in their best position but after reading a few things im not so sure.

Could someone please clarify this situation for me.

Thankyou :D

EDIT. sorry if this should be in the tactics forum. just realised. If it is could a mod please move it. Thankyou

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Am i right in thinking that what FM tells you is a players natural and best position it may not be true. I read somewhere that the players percentage for a certain porition is what counts.

When you look at a scout tool it tells you a percentage of where each player can play. Does that make the highest percentage the players actual best position to play.

I have a player who's position in FM is DM/MC with DM being natural (light green) and MC (dark green). Using a scout tool it tells me his DM percentage is 76 with a light green dot, MC 73 with a dark green dot. But this is where im confused. It tells me his DC rating is 77 with an orange dot. Does this mean he his best played at DC instead of DM due to the higher percentage?

Or does attributes play a part also. Upto now i have always thought that when you set up your team, its best to have all your players with light green dots so they are playing in their best position but after reading a few things im not so sure.

Could someone please clarify this situation for me.

Thankyou :D

EDIT. sorry if this should be in the tactics forum. just realised. If it is could a mod please move it. Thankyou

Scout tool's opinion, so don't take it too seriously. Maybe is just checks out attributes and ignores positions. Good to filter put crappy players, but not for anything like that (2 percents more -> better).

anybody else?

As already stated, there is POSITIONAL strength, determined by positions player can play.

Then there are ATTRIBUTE strength, determined by player skills.

So like if you have two players with exacrly same attributes, one can play DC natural and another Unconvincing, Natural player plays better. But if you want fast DC and natural DC us slow but then you have freaking fast DM with DC Unconvincing, well, it is up to you.

I don't recommend using any other than Natural or Accomplished players on any positions.

I always use the FM natural position of a player, if there's more than one, I use the FM Genie Scout to know which natural position fits best to one player.

Yeah and you can change attribute weightings there.

But that is just waste of time, if you want winger with good crossing, use winger with good crossing skill. Altough Genie may say another player is better. It is just what is important to position and what is not. Tactics...

Archived