• Belgium - Pro League Only
  • England - Down to League Two
  • Hong Kong (China PR) - First Division Only
  • Italy - Down to Serie B
  • Northern Ireland - Premier Division Only
  • Scotland - Down to Third Division
  • Spain - Down to Liga Adelante
  • USA - MLS only

Aims: After reading a lot of the threads here it has inspired me to start this game and record my progress in this thread. The journeyman thread and all those who have participated in it (or those who follow a similar type of game within their own individual game threads) have made me decide to attempt to keep this game going so when I may become bored of a team rather than start up a new game, like so often happens, instead I shall look for a new club within this game. Secondly I have included some leagues I have never managed in but have always wanted to and after reading about several users progress in them have decided to go ahead and load them; for example USA and Hong Kong while Belgium is somewhere I've always wanted to manage in too. Then of course it is to have fun and be successful! ;)

Starting the Game: It took me a while to decide upon what starting reputation to have, every other manager detail would be mine (except for age as it doesn't let me) so English nationality and Leicester favourite team etc., and in the end I decided to go with Semi-Pro, despite me being terrible in real life :p, as I don't have any real lower leagues loaded and felt Sunday League could see me get no job offers. The game gives my computer performance 2 stars and this particular game with all those league loaded 1 star in case anyone was wondering.

150px-Sun_Hei_crest_since_2007.png

1st of July 2009 and I have my first job. Sun Hei Sports Club in the Hong Kong First Division. The professional team formed in 1985 are predicted to come 4th this season, but with me having no clue about the restrictions etc. it'll be a steep learning curve. Actually I tell a lie, I have some knowledge from readings threads such as the ones by Raware, DodgeeD and the progress of others in rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge - my thanks to them (if it goes well ;)) for putting the idea of starting out somewhere I'd never played before to forge a reputation before moving back to known territory. Any advice is welcome as I set out on my quest to conquer Hong Kong!

Good to see another career starting in HK :D:thup:. As i'm sure you're aware now, you can only field 5 foreigners in your starting 11 (8 in your match day squad) so i'd recommend what rancer said, go for Chinese nationals as they have more quality than HK players and only take 2 years to gain citizenship. Hopefully you can topple South China and become the dominant force in HK. I presume your aim will be to build up your reputation and to go on and manage one of the big teams in Europe?

Good luck :thup:.

Thanks Rancer890 and Raware, have bought in a few Brazilian and Chinese players in so far but got a while to go yet in the transfer window, its definitely going to be a case of setting my tactic around my best players rather than buying players to fit a tactic though judging by the quality I seem to attract - all the new signings seem to want higher wages than the original squad too. Yeah the plan at the moment is to build up my reputation here and then move on although not necessary to the best club willing to take me but to the one that looks like the most interesting challenge in the hope to keep the game fresh.

Good luck LCFC,

Sounds like it should be interesting, Learning the new rules for different countrys always adds a bit of interest. Especially if you have brought lots of players before you realise there a different restrictions. (like i did the first time i played abroad)

Thanks WH.

Yeah that's what I'm looking forward to most in the new Countries in seeing how they compare to elsewhere and what restrictions they have to put up with.

Typically after starting this with the thought I'd have lots of spare time it's been pretty hectic but then it is nearly Christmas, so in case I don't get time to update before - Merry Christmas everyone :p

Pre-Season Update

Transfers

In - Well the transfer window shut a month later than I'm used to at the end of September which proved to be a blessing. I bought 5 players in at the recommendation of my backroom staff; 3 Brazilians (AMC, MC and DC) and 2 Chinese (DL and AML/ST). Then in my second game in charge I lost 5 players to injury and quickly scouted for some free Hong Kong players to bring in and so arrived my final two players in September an AMC and DC.

Out - Leaving the club was South Korean Tomoaki Seino who was unavailable to be played until next season when his contract would run out and I didn't want to pay his increased wage demands to extend his contract so quickly terminated his contract.

My plan had been to stick mainly with the original squad so I could get used to the league and restrictions while seeing which areas of the team was lacking quality or numbers and to a certain extent I did this.

League Table

Not too bad, drew my opening two games when we probably should have lost before dominating a game against TM Progoal but only winning 2-1, the scoreline we lost by away to Citizen in the next game thanks to a 92nd minute goal :( Not the best of starts and not the worst of starts. I'm just finding my feet you could say.

Thanks Raware. They were mainly signed due to the injury crisis but we have recovered from that now however Cheung Sai Ho, despite being 34, has become a key player for us in my narrow diamond formation as he has scored 4 goals in the 8 league games he has played in. If he had the physical attributes he would be un-stoppable.

Mid-Season Update

League Table

Half-way through the season and we're going well. Still in the mix and with a few less draws could be looking to get one of those continental competitions spots.

Just seen this thread. Looks promising. :thup:

You picked a good place to start as well. :D Sun Hei have been mid-table battlers all through my save so far but I think the foundation should be there for you to do well.

Seconding what Rancer said, get the Chinese players in as even the average ones will be good for the Hong Kong league and they will get citizenship quickly - vital if you want to field a strong team in the Asian cups.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

DodgeeD - Thanks. Mid-table is where I think my team is at too, along with several other teams so it's a fight for positions from game to game.

Nobby - I know, a change from starting at the bottom of the English leagues ;)

Archived