What playable leagues do most people use?

Running every league from every nation that is currently available. Takes a bit of time processing but I feel it's worth it to try and make the footballing world as realistic as possible.

Also using a custom database to make sure all players from all continents are loaded

Somebody's got an i7 core processor!

I have played in England (not for a number of years though), France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Hungary, Ukraine, Russia, Denmark, Holland, Belgium, Brzil, Peru, South Africa.....

The list goes on. :D

My favourite saves have been in Germany, Italy, Brazil and South Africa.

Somebody's got an i7 core processor!

I've got an i7, but I wouldn't try to run everything. I've got all the leagues from about 15 countries running just now and thats more than enough for me. Thing is, I've played games where I've stuck piles and piles of leagues on and they just get totally ignored after a little while. At the moment I'm running everything from Scotland, England, Italy, Spain, Holland, France, Germany, Belgium, Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and - I think - Croatia and Poland. Of all those nations I never start a game without the first 7. Those are the essential ones as far as I'm concerned.

Speed wise, it doesn't seem to make any difference to how many I run. It always seems to take me a couple of weeks to play through a whole season. Mind you, It's not like I'm playing every day or all of the time.

Since I always play in MLS, I always make sure to include the top leagues from Mexico, Brazil, and England as they're my most likely opponents in international tournaments. Now that I have a new computer I've added Spain and Argentina to the mix.

Still playtesting to see how much is playable on this, FM10 allows a lot more than 09 for same resources. I mostly only really play like 2 saves per edition because I play long games, always load England and Italy in 4-5 tiers, and then Spain and France, always add Belgium (my country, although they are like much better in game than IRL :p), then the other bigger leagues like Germany and Holland in 2 tiers. FOr some reason I love Iceland so that's always in too :) Target now is every league in Europe loaded (including custom of course) at least 1-2 tiers depending on the nation itself, I love to check transfer traffic now and then :D

The standards I used for a long time:

England down to Championship

Italy to Serie B

Germany to 2. Bundesliga

Spain to 2nd Div

France's 1st division

Norway to 2nd division (I usually play in Norway)

Right now, though, my setup is:

England (League 2)

Italy (Serie B)

Germany (2nd Bundesliga)

Norway (2nd division)

Scotland (Premier)

Russia (Premier)

Spain (2nd division)

Portugal (2nd Division)

France (2nd Division)

Holland (Eredivisie)

Running every league from every nation that is currently available. Takes a bit of time processing but I feel it's worth it to try and make the footballing world as realistic as possible.

Also using a custom database to make sure all players from all continents are loaded

same here~~~

You could just use the retain players file and that would generate players for all nations included (you can edit as necessary) and all you need to run is one league.

Wanted a more pan-european game. England (BSP), France, Germany, Italy, Spain (all to 2 levels), Holland, Portugal, Scotland, Greece, Ukraine, Russia, Turkey, Switzerland, Austria, Norway, Sweden, Poland, Denmark, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Slovenia, Finland, Serbia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Romania. I know its a lot but it still feels a little quicker even 11 seasons in then 09 with only the 1st 12 (plus a couple more lower divisions). Having only 1 league in most countries (expecially with small number of teams) didn't feel right so have made my 'change of pace' save as the same with 2 or 3 levels including Belarus. Test ran it with an attempt at international management for a couple of years and that it hasn't been so bad either, though I'm now focussing on the main one.

Standartly I love loading it all (51-117) and even I have only a pentium 4 machine, 2GB Ram and 512MB AGP graphic card I'm enjoying it... I'm using a readyboost usb and a ram cleaner and its being helpful...

I have a dream for loading all 208 nations as playable someday but SI's xml limit (or problem) it stuck after 82th added country or lower league xml

I seem to always play England, Spain and Italy. Although i customise the database to add database from everywhere else. :)

Sadly in FM2010 there's a bug that players in the other countries leagues you've selected that you're not managing in all get higher ratings which totally ruins it for me. One game i had after the first season as Liverpool manager only 1 player averaged over 7.5 in the whole premier league compared to 23 and 25 averaging higher in Spain and Italy respectively :(

So i currently only play with 1 league at a time to avoid the bug :cool:

I always have at least the top two leagues from England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France and Scotland as playable. Then I'll normally add the top leagues of Brazil and Argentina in almost every game. Then I'll pick other European countries that I want to add, normally Portugal, Russia, Netherlands, Belgium. Finally if i'm feeling truely international I'll add the Mexican league.

Archived