Players Height/Weight

They don't have any effect in the match engine.

They will however influence certain attributes. So if you get a regen who is 6'4'', he will be more likely to have 20 for jumping than someone who is 5'7''. The jumping attribute determines how high a player can jump.

They don't have any effect in the match engine.

They will however influence certain attributes. So if you get a regen who is 6'4'', he will be more likely to have 20 for jumping than someone who is 5'7''. The jumping attribute determines how high a player can jump.

Does this mean if you were to create 2 players in the editor, one 6'4" with jumping 17 and one 5'2" with jumping 20, that the guy with jumping of 20 would win all the headers if they both had the same heading attribute?

I don't think height/weight has ever had an effect in the match engine, seems kinda odd, but that is the way it is!

Hence why Annan is devastating :) He is like 5ft 7 (I think) and his jumping is still 17, and can outleap a few people in games, making him the pefect anchor man!

I'm pretty sure there are other attributes/situations that change who will win a header. Heading is how well they can head the ball, I think I've read that strength plays a part as well. I'm not sure what effects how well a player times his jumps though.

realy? surely not - it must have an effect - on match view you can see differences in player sizes

It does affect the size of players, but it terms of the match itself - it doesn't come into the equation because jumping deals with how high a player can get to.

I'm pretty sure there are other attributes/situations that change who will win a header. Heading is how well they can head the ball, I think I've read that strength plays a part as well. I'm not sure what effects how well a player times his jumps though.

It does affect the size of players, but it terms of the match itself - it doesn't come into the equation because jumping deals with how high a player can get to.

Maybe 'Decisions'?

Does height not even affect winning headers where there's no jumping?

What I mean is, for example, if a cross is drilled into the box at 6'5" and the receiving player doesn't have time to jump, surely the jumping stat is irrelevant and the match engine should refer to the height. If he's 6'5" or more, he'll reach it, less than that and he won't...

Is that at all correct, or is the ME not that sophisticated?

Joe - the jumping attribute will reflect player's height and natural jumping ability e.g his height is already taken into account.

natural stats like height and weight as player details will not directly impact the ME and are there for reference only

TheMister- Paul was referring to the animation chosen only, from what I remember of similar threads from the time. It has since been re-confirmed (ask the researchers, who are in directer contact than most) that jumping plays no direct impact.

So, height determines if there is a need to show the player jumping, and what part of their body will control the ball, but not whether they'll actually win the header or control the ball, or how well.

Archived