Swap position and hold instructions

Sorry for butting in on this thread. Another question. When we select player A, we can assign him to swap with player B. Do we also need to go to player B and assign him to swap with player A?

What happens if I get player A to swap with player B, player B to swap with player C, and player C to swap with player A? Will I now be able to get my team to play like rooney/tevez/ronaldo last season?

I've been meaning to ask your first question for AGES, nax. I've always wondered if it makes a difference.

Oh, and i don't think the original point of the opening poster is possible. It's something i've thought should be possible. To use the United analogy, you wouldn't want Berbatov playing the same as Ronaldo on the wing, would you? Then again, you might not want Ronaldo to play as a winger in a strikers position. It would be good if you could give players different settings to outline different playing styles when they are in different positions, but we may be delving into complex territory here... many people struggle to give players one set of working instructions let alone multiple!

Sorry for butting in on this thread. Another question. When we select player A, we can assign him to swap with player B. Do we also need to go to player B and assign him to swap with player A?

What happens if I get player A to swap with player B, player B to swap with player C, and player C to swap with player A? Will I now be able to get my team to play like rooney/tevez/ronaldo last season?

If A swaps with B and B swaps with C and C swaps with D and D swaps with A, then the players will roam around in ALL the positions. They are NOT limited to the players position they are swapping with.

A could very well end up in D's position

I have tested this.

LAM

This is why I try not to use swap positions on players other than my 2 wingers. If I'm playing a big man small man combo like Crouch and Defoe, having them swap positions will not work at all.

We should have the ability to choose whether or not we want to retain instructions when swapping, as I can see reasons why you'd not want to retain instructions as well.

We should have the ability to choose whether or not we want to retain instructions when swapping, as I can see reasons why you'd not want to retain instructions as well.

That's right.

What we really need are player instructions controls independent of tactics. To have something like a personal instruction page for every player with regards to where he plays. Great place for this - player position screen.

You setup you tactics and naturally instructions for every position then (when you bring in someone to that position) to be able to choose whether you wish him to retain he's personal instructions or to take them from tactics. Obviously you could choose what to retain and what to take from tactics.

I've talked about this before but no one seems to care. Imagine how life would be easier with this.

Archived