Refusing to learn "Prefered Moves"

When I ask player not to argue with the officials he disagrees with me tells me that this will not improve his game. WHAT? I'm 18 years old talent. My manager tells me to stop arguing with the refree and I tell him no I'll contuniue arguing with them. I will contstantly get yellow cards even a red card because of this. If a manager ask to do something to a player that will improve his game, that player will do it. Especially when this player is a 18 to 23 yrs old.

Well.... much like real life, not everyone is going to wantt o do what you tell them too. And, much like real life, you have two options.... keep them on and accept it, or get rid!

LAM

Its not impossible, although some players will clearly never listen to their managers and as they say 'don't see it benefiting their game'. Thats life. I'm sure many managers have tried to tell Robbie Keane to stop pointing and shouting and just get on with the football but he never has and never will.

Well.... much like real life, not everyone is going to wantt o do what you tell them too. And, much like real life, you have two options.... keep them on and accept it, or get rid!

LAM

The problem, for me at least, is not that they refuse to learn - it's that we can't show our anger at it. Why can't we punish them in some way? Getting rid would be a waste of time because no-one would realise you're getting rid for this reason.

I find that once I've brought a club a little success they start listening to me more.

On my Man City save, even though I set myself at ex-International I tried asking Robinho to "place his shots in the corner" around Christmas time. We were 7th. He refused. But after getting the team to 4th and a Champions League spot, I asked him again in the close season and he was happy to try.

Prima donnas.

should be able to slate them in the press about this. after they refuse to learn or unlearn a PPM you should be able to tell the media that player X is difficult to work with.

Scouting a such player should reveal this also. In the report it can say that Manager X at Team Y found Player Z difficult to work with, we should be wary of this if we were to sign him. Or something along those lines..

should be able to slate them in the press about this. after they refuse to learn or unlearn a PPM you should be able to tell the media that player X is difficult to work with.

Scouting a such player should reveal this also. In the report it can say that Manager X at Team Y found Player Z difficult to work with, we should be wary of this if we were to sign him. Or something along those lines..

I agree. nice idea for fm 2011!

What experience level did you start the game at Auto, Sunday league, Profesional or International - This may have a bearing on the respect and authority you command

I dont think it does. I still have the same problem no matter what experience i have had.

What i do if a player won't learn preferred moves is if you have an older player who does the preferred moves you want the youngster to learn interact with the youngster telling him he can learn for the older player usually he takes most of his preferred moves.

Try each month to tutor players and learn new moves, as I've noticed that they don't always refuse. It's seems like their decision is mostly random to either learn new moves or not. I had strikers refusing to learn "places shots", and I keep trying on a regular basis, and now they've learned "places shots", ok it took 1 year since my first request but I kept trying. Know also that learning new moves or not seems also to be random; 1.5 years ago I've asked one of my strikers to learn "places shots" he accepted, and he managed to learn that move but one of my key players picked up a 5 months injury and I reloaded the game. After I reloaded the game the player didn't learned the move, he kept trying and failed. Then I asked him to learn again, and he refused, I kept trying and now he just did it. Took 1 extra year, but he learned that move.

Just keep trying. I ask all my players to learn a new move as soon as I can.

Tell Rooney, Keane not to argue with refs then you will take alot of their determination, aggressiveness out of their game. It's their personality. They don't get yellows from it if anything it's just an animation of them running to the ref and shouting the odds. Could improve a player/team performance.

• Administrators

I think it's the phrasing which may be considered wrong as opposed to the fact they won't/can't learn it. You can understand an older player being a sort of dog not wanting to learn new tricks - but yeah, a good discussion and something we'll definitely look into.

Archived