Sportsmanship at the wrong time

Ok im all for sportsmanship being in the game before anyone says i am not, but heres my situation, Im Rangers, top of the league on goal differance with a game in hand to Celtic. Next game is Celtic at home, confident we can perform after we thumped them 5-1 at Parkhead despite them dominating my strikers where just on a massive game.

Anyway the score is 1-1 sitting in the 93rd minute we have 10 men on the park due to a questionable (IMO) sending off to my CB 10 mins before, wev'e just countered and caused the defence huge problems, Caldwell with no one around goes down like hes been shot, he starts to get back up as he throws but the comentary says Caldwell looks in paid, Boruc's ball lands straight at my attacking midefielder, We have 5 players still in attacking positions, they have 2 defenders back including Caldwell, so does my 3 masn attacking advange lead to something? No Naismith puts it out for Caldwell to get treatment, Sorry this is an Old firm game, drawing 1-1 with just 2 mins of injury time left, we;re a man short, Surley IRL if this happened the attacking team wouldnt take the chance to be sporting, their fans would simply go mental.

One thing that bugs me about this aspect is when the AI doesn't put the ball out. My guys always seem to do the sporting thing, but the AI just punishes me when someone goes down. I remember one match when playing at Man City and Agger went down and stayed down, they simply worked the ball around before pounding it over the top at my now lone CB while Agger writhed around in the box, of course they scored.

I agree that the this would never happen IRL but on the other hand it would be prolly be difficult for SI to implement when and when not to show sportsmanship.
Sportsmanship could be coded in such a way that it is dialled down in Derby games. Perhaps this is already the case, but the unlikely occurrence happened anyway.

I don't know about this - I've often seen my players play on when there's someone down injured. They're usually too rubbish to gain any advantage from it, though.

What does annoy me is when the opposition do put the ball out, and your player sportingly gives it back to them from the throw in - only for the player he throws it to to immediately play a through ball to the striker, who scores.

Glad a few people agree with me, the game did finish 1-1 but we could have made a clear gap with the game in hand still to go at the top of the league, was just disappointed to see my team not even trying to take advantage of such a situation against their greatest and oldest rivals.

One thing that bugs me about this aspect is when the AI doesn't put the ball out. My guys always seem to do the sporting thing, but the AI just punishes me when someone goes down. I remember one match when playing at Man City and Agger went down and stayed down, they simply worked the ball around before pounding it over the top at my now lone CB while Agger writhed around in the box, of course they scored.

If Agger was in the opposite end of the pitch and in a position in which the players can't see him, I've noticed that until the ball gets near him, play will continue.

Archived