Forcing one nationality on a club

Could anyone tell me how the database limits Athletic Bilbao to only be able to buy basque players? Could I make a change to my database and force for example juventus to only sign italians or bordeaux only french players for example? Or even change Athletic to signing on spainish rather than basque? I know its not realistic but what the hell. Im curious.

• 3 weeks later...

has it really been coded in that Bilbao can only buy basque players?! i knew that was the case in real life, but i didnt know in the game it was the same...

wow i wanna manage them now..

Not that I am aware of.

Wish we could do this, had ideas of a challenge where Nick Griffin makes a team and enforces an English only rule on this team, starting in level 10 with SB's xml.

BNP FC. I like it.

has it really been coded in that Bilbao can only buy basque players?! i knew that was the case in real life, but i didnt know in the game it was the same...

wow i wanna manage them now..

Yeah and has been in the game for years. Until FM 06 (I think, possibly 07), other Basque clubs had the same rule.

There might be a few other clubs like it in the game, I know there's one in Mexico that only buys Mexican players.

I really don't. Nick Griffin should be killed.

Seconded.

Wouldn't work as a concept anyway. BNP wouldn't be about English, it would be about 'White'. Horrible concept for a game, makes you wonder what goes through some peoples minds when they want to bring his kind of attitude into their gaming.

It's on a par with deleting all Israel's from the database. (Saw someone ask how to do that once)

Seconded.

Wouldn't work as a concept anyway. BNP wouldn't be about English, it would be about 'White'. Horrible concept for a game, makes you wonder what goes through some peoples minds when they want to bring his kind of attitude into their gaming.

I don't know what you all mean with the BNP thing, but since when does being English = being white?

Yeah and has been in the game for years. Until FM 06 (I think, possibly 07), other Basque clubs had the same rule.

Is that no longer the case now then? I've not managed a Basque team since 01/02, but managing Barakaldo on that game was a real challenge, since you had to make do with the bottom of the barrel; only the players that weren't good enough for Bilbao or Sociedad (iirc) would consider playing for you.

I've tried it a few times. Did it in FM09 with all English. Dang near impossible. England has no depth. Would bounce from 3 or 4 place to 5 or 6 each season. Tried Germany and got around 2nd and 3rd. Did it with Italy in FM10 and owned everyone. Btw I was using the a scouting program for England and it still didn't help. Although I was Aston Villa and Tottenham not Chelsea or Man Utd.

Also tried it in FM10 with West Ham, was 1st most of the season but then finished 2nd. Next season I dropped because Scott Parker was getting old and England has no other quality DMs (Hargeaves was even older).

Its hard because 1) no depth in some countries like Scotland or England even with regens. And 2) the quality there is, is spread around the big clubs. So they get all the good English players and won't sell them.

Plus with England it would be unfair as every foreigner has English citizenship. What it would have to be would be either have to be eligible for English national team (which would be patriotic or nationalist) or go the Biblao route and going English ethnicity. I went with an all English staff too.

If you do it, do it in the 10.1 patch and not the 10.2 otherwise all the big clubs would sign all wrong players. Did it with Scotland on 10.2 and big clubs kept buying useless Scottish players which I needed.

edit: It is possible to do Biblao all Basque in FM10. I did it and managed 5th I believe was the max. Kept missing out on 4th. One season I was in the running for 1st but then slipped to 5th and just missed out on 4th.

I've always wondered that but then again FIFA talked with the EU and they said the 6+5 rule would be legal. I don't see how but they said it okay. So I guess that would be too. Won't matter anyways because FIFA is trying to nationalize the club game and FIFA is trying to internationalize national teams.

Waaaay off topic folks. No more chat about BNP or Nick Griffin please or this thread will be closed. I'm sure everyone who posted in here agrees the two are odious - but the original question about limiting a club to one nationality is still a relatively interesting one.

Warnings/infractions will be handed out to those who persist in talking about the BNP or Nick Griffin after this message.

Should be possible to enforce this on a team by setting so the team is allowed 0 foreign players in their squad, as is the case in some countries/divisions?

That only forces it to the nationality of the league though - Athletic Club Bilbao don't play in a Basque league, but a Spanish one.

I like the idea of creating teams made of just one or a few nationalities.

I have done all English, Spanish, Brazilian, etc before, but I find that gets a bit boring.

So lately I have tried a couple of other ones -

1. I was just going to do an all Croatian team, but quickly realised I would need a few more players than that would allow, so I now allow Serbian players aswell. i am enjoying this challenge.

2. Managing in the real bottom tiers of English football (editing extra leagues in) I have a manager with Faroe Islands as first nationality and San Marino as second nationality :) So the only two nationalities I will sign are these.

This obviously makes it very difficult, and of course there is only so far I could take this team, but it is a fun challenge nonetheless. :thup:

2. Managing in the real bottom tiers of English football (editing extra leagues in) I have a manager with Faroe Islands as first nationality and San Marino as second nationality :) So the only two nationalities I will sign are these.

Ridiculously hard challenge. Kudos. :thup:

Is there a thread somewhere where we can follow your progress?

i dream of an all conquering welsh side... have done since i was a lad...

bale, ramsey, hennessey, bellamy, gabbidon, ched evans and the up coming youngsters ... not a bad team tbh

That's an awful team so far, hence why Wales are generally rubbish. Only Bellamy and Ramsey in that list that are decent.

That's an awful team so far, hence why Wales are generally rubbish. Only Bellamy and Ramsey in that list that are decent.

Hennessey is statistically the best keeper we've ever had

He was on loan with us when we had our '9 in a row' of 9 straight wins without conceding a goal. He played in every game and after 9 games had a record of 9 games played, 0 goals conceded. It was later that it went wrong. We sent him back to Wolves after he conceded 7 goals in one game at home to Rochdale. Nice to see him a regular PL starter

I'm running my club with a Russians-only policy - but that's just because I am too lazy to scout twice for my club and national team!

The last international side I called up contained 16 players playing in Russia but outside the top flight (but if we get promoted, that will go down to 2)...

Archived