Football Manager 2010 Kids

I have a question about players from the youth team (under 18s). right im notts county and i am premierleague champions for second year in a row and i am not getting very good youth. i have upgraded my facilites to good and will keep doing so. do they have to be state of the art for more chance of getting a world class... players or is it down to luck. i see everton keep getting world class talents from youth. even bloody crewe sold a kid for 150k is now the best striker in game ever.

I guess it could be down to a few factors.

1. Luck

2. Youth Facilities

3. Quality of Youth Coaches

4. Quality of Competition

I also find it hard to come across decent youngsters and I find I get rid of more than I keep. But I am only in CCL2 and i dont have great coaches so that could be the reason why they dont develop well.

it's about luck but also remember that regens attributes are screwed up so many players with high PA will evolve into complete *******...i made 5 seasons and quit FM2010, no point in playing it when there is only 3-4 players each season on the whole database that can make into a top team...

I'm in Brazil and about to start a new season in 2024.

With time, i've taken my team up from the lowest league to the highest league. I've had a few newgens coming to my youth team, who have been decent/good.

Funny part is that i've upgraded the youth/training facilities a couple of times over those years, and i seem to get worse newgens after i've upgraded the facilities than when i hadn't.

But i suspect that could be the newgen attributes being a bit off, as mentioned and discussed in another thread.

I certainly hope it is.

I'm in Brazil and about to start a new season in 2024.

With time, i've taken my team up from the lowest league to the highest league. I've had a few newgens coming to my youth team, who have been decent/good.

Funny part is that i've upgraded the youth/training facilities a couple of times over those years, and i seem to get worse newgens after i've upgraded the facilities than when i hadn't.

But i suspect that could be the newgen attributes being a bit off, as mentioned and discussed in another thread.

I certainly hope it is.

Or could it be that as you progressed up through the leagues the regens abilities stay at a similar level. Which would make them appear worse or inferior to previous regens as they no longer could cut it in a higher league?

That thought did cross my mind as well.

8-10 seasons ago i had newgens that came to my youth team and are still in the youth team.

An hour ago i got a new bunch of youth players. The youth facilities were upgraded again just last season, and now i basically get youngsters with attributes of 1s, 2s and 3s. With the occasional high attributes at certain places.

Early on i got a lot more youngsters with a bunch of 9s-13s which all were promising...especially at that stage. Some of them are still at the club playing, although most of them have been sold.

Not a chance that will happen with this seasons youngsters. Unless there's some serious, fast improvement.

So back to you question. I was hoping it was me, but it doesn't seem like it. Hope i'm still wrong though :D

I've found that "Top Facilities" or "State of the Art" will usually create 3-5 players with a PA of -8 or higher each year. It's down to luck. There's VERY few players that turn into superstars, because even with a PA of -8 their max PA is only like 160.

If you like spending money, dont look to the youth system. The youth system is meant to provide adequate decent players in which 1-2 will give you a decent first team player each season. This way, you'll only have to bring in superstars.

I have a question about players from the youth team (under 18s). right im notts county and i am premierleague champions for second year in a row and i am not getting very good youth. i have upgraded my facilites to good and will keep doing so. do they have to be state of the art for more chance of getting a world class... players or is it down to luck. i see everton keep getting world class talents from youth. even bloody crewe sold a kid for 150k is now the best striker in game ever.

Crewe and Everton have a tradition of producing good young players. So maybe this is a factor?

Archived