Key Passes

Apologies. Key pass does not = assist. Just played a game, 0-0 at half-time. One of my players had a key pass. It shows both on his stats and on analysis tool. Just can't figure out which of his 14 completed passes was the key pass. Should tell you.:confused:

Meh, I don't think this works quite how it should, I've had Defour make 2 assists for my Villa side in a game and not have one key pass on his stats for that match.
You have stats for key passes and stats for assists. Go check his assists stats for that particular match, they should be there. The weird part is no being able to pinpoint the key passes, as pointed out by the OP.

I'm pretty sure ITV's coverage of the Champions League uses (or used) a "Key Passes" stat, and it means passes which lead to a shot on goal.

I'm not entirely sure about FM's definition but it'll be something along those lines i'd have thought.

Anyway, there should be a bit more key passes. I rarely see a player giving more than 1 in a game (even though it's BSP where abilities are obviously limited). In FM 2008, there were a lot more, about 3 or 4 for my central midfielders.

I do use the match analysis screen every now and then but it could be a very useful tool with some improvements. It should be possible to see which passes were 'key' indeed, there should be players runs/dribbles there as well. A heat map and average position for each player could be useful too. Maybe even an option to watch highlights of individual players for a category of your choice. For example when a player has a poor passing % and when you watch his misplaced passes with the analysis tool you see most of the time it was either a clearance or he was in a difficult position/under pressure with no one in a good position to pass to, OR perhaps his passing was simply off and he is/was missing easy passes. So basically instead of clicking on every misplaced pass to play the highlight, you could choose to watch all of them one after another. Crap explanation but it's something I would use :)

I always thought a key pass is one of the passes in a dangerous attack, could the passes prior to the assist. We know the game recognizes (somewhat) dangerous attacks from the post match analysis i.e. He made one key header to set up a dangerous attack for the team.

Archived