Regarding the thread about cheaters staying motivated

Mind if I answer your question with another question? How does Sir Alex Ferguson stay motivated after 23 whole years as manager of Man Utd? Certainly not exclusively for the money...;)

Desire to win, which makes him one of the best in the business. That comes from a Liverpool fan.

Any manager which openly expresses their desire to win so forcefully is alright in my books. Mourinho is another but I do believe money has it's little tug on the strings with him.

I start unemployed with quite a few countries loaded... if I get bored just move on to another club / country and I seem to be motivated to play again. Managed to get through 16 seasons on FM09 and enjoyed it all... well apart from the highlight of my career being 2 seasons in the SPL with Livingston. :)

Well I tend to start with Huddersfield which is always a challenge, and I want to take them as far as possible, and make them financially sound (what with living there and being a fan) so my motivation for that is pretty obvious. Once I've taken them as far as I can and I move to another club, it's really all about building the best team possible, trying to find a young gem, bringing through the young players at the club, and just trying to be as successful as possible. When I leave clubs though I tend to try working at different levels to try and get the widest range of experience possible, be it taking Chelsea to the title and Champions League winners etc, be it a team like Sunderland trying to stay up, same in the Championship, League 1, League 2 etc, so I can experience everything the football world has to throw at me, and work around different problems (lack of money, small squad, poor chairman/fans etc)

Archived