Old players part II: hogging the spotlight

So, many have been complaining about players aging too quickly and becoming "useless" in their early 30.

Unfortunately, there's the other side of the issue, especially in second-tier leagues and regarding not-so-famous players.

As I pointed out in a specific and detailed topic in the Bugs/Transfers subforum (which got pretty much no-sold), there seems to be a huge issue with older players being bought by "minor" clubs around the globe.

I play in Norwegian Tippeligaen and the league has been literally taken by storm by a legion of Central and South American players aged 30+

Players who never played in Europe, or who hadn't been there for like a decade suddenly decided it was better spending their final years of career in Tromsø or Bodø rather than in their native Argentina, Colombia etc.

And if that wasn't bad enough, they also WON AWARDS while being there...

award.jpg

See how "awesome" Marcelo Delgado is at 37

delgado.jpg

I think we have a HUGE problem here, as many many many older players still have their global reputation set too high, and smaller clubs will sign them, in a totally unrealistic turn ov events.

IMO 30+ yo players who went back home, or who NEVER LEFT, shouldn't be regarded as possible targets outside of their country or area.

And, on a more general tone, REPUTATION should play a lesser role in the whole award/transfer market dynamic.

So, on one hand we have Top Stars slightly droppin points and getting free transfered, while plenty of actual has-beens or never-were can still have plenty of requests and football in minor countries, for minimum wage nonetheless!

Maybe SI should look into that for the next (10.3 I suppose) patch?

Seriously, Delgado, Amaral and Grandpa Berg the Top 3 players in 2010 is just laughable

Archived